• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two fiesty females

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Since Pickle and Sparkle left for the Bridge over the last few weeks, I have been left with Babybun and Pootle.

Pootle is currently suffering from myxi nodules so nothing will happen for quite a few weeks, but I am looking to the future with my two single female bunnies.

They have lived side by side with their male partners for many years, they have a barricade down the middle of the run as when they used to see each other they used to fight through the bars.

As they haven't exactly ever seemed pleased to see each other through the bars, would it be a daft thing to do to try and bond them together?

Babybun is very flighty and grunts and growls - she was neutered! And Pootle, also neutered, although much quieter, is a large grumpy girl with a mind of her own.

Would you dare try to bond two female bunnies like this?
Would another male and the two females make a better combination as a trio?

I'm so sorry to hear about your boys :(

I would say that any behaviour through bars is (in my limited experience) not much indicator for how they will react when together. My girls got on with bars in between but then fought when I initially introduced them together and now they are best of friends. Your two actually found very similar to my two, Nutmeg is a bit mad, flighty and grunty and Mini quiet, grumpy and independent. I don't know if having Smudge there was the deciding factor or not, he did intervene sometimes between them at the start. If it was me I'd probably try them on their own and see how it went, then consider introducing a boy.

Back