• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Moving Day

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
We've had Lopsy about 2 months now: he's just been moved in the garden for a fourth time now, this last period being about 3 weeks in the same position. I hadn't taken much notice before, insofar as how quickly the grass disappeared, but after last time ('starving bunny syndrome' the following day) I made a note to.

We moved Lopsy late morning yesterday: we put him in the front-opening carrier while we did that. Surprisingly, he went straight in to investigate, no food required! Which was useful as we wanted to weigh him as I wasn't sure if the scales at the vets accounted for the basket or not (turns out it didn't): he's only 2.25kg which makes much more sense! Gave him some rosemary which he didn't touch (he wasn't in the mood) and then some chickweed, and hawthorn when he went mental trying to get out, digging at the plastic bars and poking his nose out. Shouting at him (in the sense of reassurance, not moaning!) seemed to help when we were nearly done. We put him in before we'd secured it to the ground and he was happily exploring. Once we'd secured it and replaced his toys, he was already industriously munching. Three hours later, there was nothing left. Well, not nothing, but it was all well cropped! And come 5pm, he was looking at me like he'd not been fed for a week, even though I'd been in the garden all day >D

So now I know that moving him to new grass doesn't mean that new grass lasts any length of time!

Awww! My guys get moved every four weeks, and make a great job of lawn mowing in the first few days
if the move ever gets delayed , they start putting their heads out when the run door is open and trying to get a blade of outside grass!

Lopsy likes to poke his nose through the bars and try and eat the stuff outside >D He won't be able to do that with his new, properly meshed run, so I figure we won't moan for now ;P

Back