• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rain rain go away!!

xnaomix

Warren Scout
So my buns can go and play!

What do you do for bun exercise when it's raining, mine hate it & would no doubt be disgusted if I put them in the run lol

Louie freeranges the garden so just comes and goes as he pleases including the pouring rain!

However, my piggies go in a run and they are stuck indoors today. If it doesn't clear up, the piggies have a change of scenery in a paddling pool in the house (no water! ;) ). Not suitable for rabbits though as it isn't very tall!

My babes come in to free run he house even if it I dry outside. They come in as they are in their big cages, 4 singles and 3 doubles.......... lots of fun as hey al have their own way of playing in the room, either in the ply pool they have or on the sofa then the floor to bunstruct tissue boxes, toilet rolls smooching the big blanket hey have and pooping all over........... as long as they are happy it's fine.

We're still trying to make the run of the girls hutch/run combo more sheltered from the rain, but it's proving tricky as it's not been dry enough to get everything in place! Upstairs is very snug & dry for them and they seem to enjoy watching the rain through the clear panel on their hutch hugger whilst sitting in their hay tray.

Annoyingly the side the rain normally blows in from is sorted BUT the rain has come in from all directions today, this means all the ground is damp so I put all their bowls/hay upstairs but their litter tray is still downstairs. Whilst I was organising it all in the most fowl of the rain, where were the girls?? Roaming the garden getting soggy!! The moment I opened their door they were out!

Really hoping tomorrow is drier so I can give everything a once over and try to fine another layer of defence to help keep the worst of the rain out for them.

(Days like today I wish this was either our own house or we knew we had longer here so I could get my dream set up).

Heather

Back