• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfalfa

Hi, :wave:

Alfalfa is extremely high in calcium which can cause bladder sludge problems. I always stay away from it as there is enough calcium in other foods for rabbits to get the required amount. If you do feed alfalfa then only a small amount.

Its good that you are making these plans before getting your new family member. :D

Hey guys :)

So I'm going to get a rabbit (s) soon and i already decided on a cage:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Rab...TF8&qid=1413136222&sr=8-3&keywords=rabbit+pen

I got 1 of these for my rabbits and whilst it is a good size and easy to put up/down, the doors are awful for access. My rabbits were too mischievous to come out when i needed to put them back in their cage so I use it for the guinea-pigs now as they always run into their carrier which i can lift out (just) through the end door!

I got one with better top access which makes life much easier, especially when its chucking it down!

x

Hi, :wave:

Alfalfa is extremely high in calcium which can cause bladder sludge problems. I always stay away from it as there is enough calcium in other foods for rabbits to get the required amount. If you do feed alfalfa then only a small amount.

Its good that you are making these plans before getting your new family member. :D

I like to have everything planned :)

That's good then, i was worried that i would have to feed them alfalfa. Why is it so expensive?

Hey guys :)

So I'm going to get a rabbit (s) soon and i already decided on a cage:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Rab...TF8&qid=1413136222&sr=8-3&keywords=rabbit+pen

I got 1 of these for my rabbits and whilst it is a good size and easy to put up/down, the doors are awful for access. My rabbits were too mischievous to come out when i needed to put them back in their cage so I use it for the guinea-pigs now as they always run into their carrier which i can lift out (just) through the end door!

I got one with better top access which makes life much easier, especially when its chucking it down!

x

What one would you recommend? (Link would be appreciated, thanks :) )

Back