• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Painting a dog crate?

tashp90

Warren Veteran
I bought a dog crate from someone for £10! I'm moving at the end of the month, Marble and Billy will be having their own room, so I'm going to use the crate as a base.
The reason it was so cheap is its a bit aged and rusty.
The bottom tray has a patch of rust but I'm going to paint over it, and put lino down.
I want to paint the actual cage part as well...what paint should I use?!

Minilop1 painted hers, you could ask her if she doesn't see :thumb: I'm not sure if it was plastikote?

I think it was the plastikote spray she used. I think Aly&Poppy has used that before on some hamster stuff as well.

Minilop1 painted hers, you could ask her if she doesn't see :thumb: I'm not sure if it was plastikote?

I think it was the plastikote spray she used. I think Aly&Poppy has used that before on some hamster stuff as well.
Thanks both :D
At £10 it was too much of a bargain to say no, especially as it only needs a bit of paint!!

Yes it was definitely plastikote :)

What a great bargain. Which size did you get?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Yes it was definitely plastikote :)

What a great bargain. Which size did you get?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
It's a Large crate I think. It's huge really :lol: it's folded down and in my car atm and goes right across my back seats! I'm keeping my eye out for another bargain for Maizie and Daisy :lol:

Back