• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad Realisation

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I know logically that all my bunnies are getting old and ill together and within the next year i'll likely lose the bulk of them but I was just doing evening rounds and realised that out of 14, only ONE isn't on any medication at all (he's a dental boy, so he goes on and off meds depending on if he needs a dental or not).

So, 1 on no meds.

Which means 13 on meds, and all those are life long meds.
11 on twice daily meds.
7 on more than one type of med.
Two nebulised.

And, only 5 bunnies vaccinatable these days.

Just makes me sad- coming to the end of a very special era, and one that likely won't be repeated for me.

Also makes me realise why my funds are so lacking these days. :shock:

Last edited:
It's not a nice feeling. I had the same situation with the ferrets, started out with 12 (8 were on medication) and now I am down to 3 within a year.

You are doing your best and as the result of that, your bunnies are having a wonderful life with a human who love them very much :love:

Although I don't have the numbers, I can relate to the feeling very well. :(
Most of my animal companions are seniors, including all three bunnies, and pretty much every animal I have has chronic health issues that either require medication or strict monitoring or both.
It's draining on so many levels and very sad. I know that once all these are gone, that's it for me. I can't go through this anymore. :cry: But I wouldn't have traded one moment of all of it, or any that have come and gone before. I do wish that some of them hadn't had such heavy crosses to bear, however, because I can't help but want to carry those for them all.
Sending you ((((((Hugs))))) and hoping that somehow, somewhere the sun does shine through for you. xxxx

Back