• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny with recurring Gut Stasis - help!!

Smilan

New Kit
Hello,

I am new to this forum and would like some advice from anyone who is able to give some.
I have a 2.5 year old mini lop named Mable, we have had her since she was about 7 weeks old and she is a permanent house rabbit.
We have had quite a few trips to the vets since we had her due to gut stasis including one this morning. She has been sent home with me today after an injection of Emeprid and some pain relief Metacam. That was at 10 this morning she has still not shown any signs of improvement and is still acting grumpy in her hutch. I will take her back this afternoon if she doesn't start eating/drinking.
Her diet is only excel nuggets and excel hay which she eats loads of, she has no fresh veg due to the vet telling me last year they think she is intolerant to them.
I was just wondering whether anyone else is having the same problem with their bunny and if you have any advice, the vet doesn't really seem to know what is causing it and this is her 3rd trip this year with the same problem.

Thank you, xx

Back