• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old bunnies, do they start 'slowing down'

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
Molly and Faline are 9 and 8 now and I've never had rabbits at this age as an adult before and I'm wondering when/if rabbits start showing signs of being old. My two seem just the same as they always have. :? I think they'll live forever! :lol:

Molly and Faline are 9 and 8 now and I've never had rabbits at this age as an adult before and I'm wondering when/if rabbits start showing signs of being old. My two seem just the same as they always have. :? I think they'll live forever! :lol:

My previous rabbit Bo never changed! At the ripe old age of 11 he still managed to escape out the garden into the close...
For more proof, this was taken when he was 10/11 years old! And he was supposedly arthritic :lol:
tumblr_nch4pqbSF61tirn5fo1_500.jpg

I would say they don't seem to unless they get health issues, so if they do start to slow down, chances are there is a reason why.

Pickles, who lived until nearly 11, started to get quieter. I think that was partly due to loosing his brother and getting depressed though. He pretty much stopped binkying, and he stopped going up and down the stairs. And he slept more. He spent a lot of time slobbed out in the sunny patches on my bedroom floor instead. :love:

I've had a few oldies show signs of arthritis and my current rabbit Fraggle has just turned 10 and seems to be struggling to keep herself clean. She has also become quite finicky with her food, some days she eats her pellets, others she'll leave them and favour hay - sometimes she'll sit outside in the rain and we have to check she is ok too.

My oldest bunny was a large breed who made the grand old age of 9 and in his last couple of years was arthritic. He couldnt run as fast and only did head binkys more. He use to sleep more but his general personality didnt change at all. :love:

My bunny Angel will be 11 in January and she has started sleeping a lot more.
She is still energetic when she's awake though! She plays with all her toys, runs around the room and can jump up on the bed and bedroom windowsill :roll:

Back