• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping non litter trained bunnies warm

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I am getting very frustrated with Doris and Pepper!!

They pee on anything I give them as bedding. Straw, hay, an offcut of carpet... I'm running out of ideas and am worried their hutch is very open if they insist on making the snuggly sheltered bit damp and messy!

Any suggestions? I've litter trained Finx and Tango quite easily but am having no luck with the other two.

Yeah I have a few non litter trained buns. You just have to remake the hutch every day, like you do with a litter tray. When they are litter trained it does make life much easier but some of my older rabbits come from a time when I didn't know they could be litter trained. I put a litter tray in one of the hutches and they just went all round it, but never in it! :roll:

Thanks for your reply, Sounds like a lot of wasted hay! :(
If they're going to go everywhere anyway, I might use blankets and just alternate them in the wash maybe, rather than throwing bedding away every day.
Just have to keep an eye out for chewing I guess... They haven't chewed the carpet so far.

Back