• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue List Help

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
My job for next week is going through the rescue list here and updating it: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

Before I start calling/emailing everyone, I wondered if the collective knowledge of RU members could shorten the task. Anyone on there you know isn't operating any more and needs removing?

Alternatively if you know a rescue that definitely is still operating that's helpful too.

Or anyone with changed contact details.

Last edited:
Not removing but I can say definitely Rabbit Rescue Residence in Hertfordshire is still up and running if that's one less call/email to make?

In Worcestershire both Worcestershire Animal Rescue (WARS) and Danemere don't rehome rabbits anymore and haven't for at least 3 years. RSPCA Worcester/Mid-Worcester definitely rehomes rabbits, not sure about RSPCA Kidderminster. Wythall still rehomes rabbits and afaik Hopper Haven no longer rehomes but is still a sanctuary.

In West Midlands there an Isle of Wight address. Fat fluffs and all 3 RSPCA under West Midlands definitely still rehome and I'm sure you can get more up to date info on Underhill rabbit rehoming from another source on here ;). R.A.G.s website doesn't work but they have a new one, and have a few rabbits for rehoming: http://rags-rabbits.co.uk/rabbitsforrehoming.htm

Not what you asked, but Wood Green in Godmanchester still rehomes rabbits - I signed Rosy over to them in June and they were full of bunnies.

i think fife closed, pegasus was a volunteer there if shes still about on here for you to check with :wave::wave:

Buddies Bunny Rescue in Midlothian/Edinburgh area has closed down sadly... vee-jay on here volunteered there,,:cry:

In Essex, Essex Guinea Pig, Rat and Rabbit rescue and Cuddly Critters are both still operating.

Blackberry Patch is now a guinea pig only rescue.

I meant to email you ages ago about the multiple listings for small animals rescue and rehome/small animals boarding & rescue facility at various Essex addresses (and one in Suffolk) - not only because there are multiple listings but the web page takes you to a business/boarding page with no mention of rescue as far as I can see, and I've never seen any animals advertised by them on Rabbit Rehome (that's not to say they don't advertise elsewhere of course!)

Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire is definitely still operating

So is Honeybunnies in Leicester

And ARC in middlesex

And Bobtails in Surrey

North Clwyd Animal Rescue in Trelogan still rehome bunnies, two dear friends of mine look after the bunnies there.

Thumpers Rabbit Rescue in Ipswich (Suffolk) has closed. The RSPCA Suffolk East, as is RSPCA Suffolk West is still running and sadly, so is Mistley Place Park (I think this one is under Essex).

Suffolk West doesn't appear to be on there though.

Thanks, I'm noting these all on a spreadsheet in case anyone is wondering, then I'll update in one go, otherwise I won't keep track of what I've done!

Once I've got the current list updated I'll check for new ones to add.

Back