• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay mites

GabyEmilyB

Warren Scout
I think I've got them :( my tummy is covered in red spots (which I first thought was shingles) and they are very itchy. I thought it was shingles but I'm not in pain. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them/ prevent them? They don't seem to bother George...he's not scratching :s

could it be fleas?? Haymites would most probably get arms and hands if you were handling it i would have thought??

Either that an allergy to soap powder

could it be fleas?? Haymites would most probably get arms and hands if you were handling it i would have thought??

Either that an allergy to soap powder

Well that's what I thought!but when I googled them, try prefer the body and the arms! Not changed my washing powder and he has been given advantage recently.... It's all so baffling lol

Well that's what I thought!but when I googled them, try prefer the body and the arms! Not changed my washing powder and he has been given advantage recently.... It's all so baffling lol

Could be mites, just did a load of research on them as mine have them!
They apparently show up on the tummy most.
Advantage doesn't get rid of them, you have to use Ivermectin (Xeno 450 or injections by your vet). Some rabbits apparently can have them but be asymptomatic!

Could be mites, just did a load of research on them as mine have them!
They apparently show up on the tummy most.
Advantage doesn't get rid of them, you have to use Ivermectin (Xeno 450 or injections by your vet). Some rabbits apparently can have them but be asymptomatic!

Lol have they gone for you too? They seem to prefer me over him haha I don't understand how they got to my tummy though haha

Lol have they gone for you too? They seem to prefer me over him haha I don't understand how they got to my tummy though haha

Luckily no! The two buns who have it don't like being petted or handled so I don't have much contact with them. If Flo had them on the other hand, I'm sure I'd be riddled!!!
Haha well treat George and hopefully they'll go! They must think you are yummier :lol:

Back