• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits poo

Hi. I have a rabbit that is around a year old. I have recently noticed that her poo isn't in pellet form. It isn't runny but it just doesn't look right. I don't have much knowledge about rabbits so I was hoping if anybody could help and whether or not I should take her to the vets. I have attached a photo so that you can get a better idea.

0463e73129f3ceef0d3eaeb235a1a9bd.jpg

Her fur is also changing colour from grey to a reddish colour, is this because of the change in the weather? I might sound so stupid here but I wanted to see if anybody could help. (There is also a photo attached).

4c5dd93eef396aafa47acc269e3414c6.jpg

Thank you in advance

Muesli isn't the most nutritious food for Rabbits (it's got a lot of **** in it basically) and it could be what's causing the abnormal poo.

Most members on this forum will recommend Science Selective Pellets or Burgess Excel Nuggets :)

Also providing plenty of hay should help :thumb:

Last edited:
If you can I'd maybe just get her to the vets for a check up. Dodgy poo like that can be caused by a lot of different things.

How much hay / grass does she eat?

Hiya!

Hmmm.. That poo doesnt look right at all.. Muesli isnt the best for either bunnies teeth or digestive system..

Science Selective pellets, burgess Excel and Fibafirst are all suitable alternatives.

Your bunny should also certiainly be eating hay and lots of it. It helps burr down the teeth and works the digestive system.

I would really recommend you take littlebun to the vet as poo like that can indicate many things..

Good luck, let us know how you go... Xxx

Hope the vet is able to offer some good advice.

I would cut down the muesli feed (gradually) and slowly add in more pellets until your rabbit is on pellets only. (Over a couple of weeks).

Lots of hay (they need to eat a rabbit sized portion every day) and grass are great for their teeth. Grass needs introducing slowly if they havent had it before.

The fur colour change is probably just a new coat coming through due to moulting.

Hi. I have a rabbit that is around a year old. I have recently noticed that her poo isn't in pellet form. It isn't runny but it just doesn't look right. I don't have much knowledge about rabbits so I was hoping if anybody could help and whether or not I should take her to the vets. I have attached a photo so that you can get a better idea.

0463e73129f3ceef0d3eaeb235a1a9bd.jpg

Her fur is also changing colour from grey to a reddish colour, is this because of the change in the weather? I might sound so stupid here but I wanted to see if anybody could help. (There is also a photo attached).

4c5dd93eef396aafa47acc269e3414c6.jpg

Thank you in advance

Does she eat hay, grass or other fibre?

Welcome to RU :wave:

Yes, I would expect that a change in diet should solve the problem. The rabbit mixes look good - all colourful and exciting, but they are often not very high in fibre and the foods that are good for rabbit digestion. I have some diet information here that is good for a read: http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/

If you find she stops pooping or stops eating then she need to see a vet immediately as something more serious could be going on.

She's a very pretty colour (both colours!).

Don't worry about asking questions, they can seem as silly as you like but we'll still be happy to answer them :)

Back