• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alittle worried :/

xnaomix

Warren Scout
As some of you know my girly bun had a little 12days ago and they all seem to be doing fine and look healthy apart from one.. Il show you the difference and you'll see what I mean!
7153ad17aef79e9e3b99345419dd6dec.jpg

12b216de3bdbb9e8c30b7ab330bb4a26.jpg

Will he be ok?

As some of you know my girly bun had a little 12days ago and they all seem to be doing fine and look healthy apart from one.. Il show you the difference and you'll see what I mean!
7153ad17aef79e9e3b99345419dd6dec.jpg

12b216de3bdbb9e8c30b7ab330bb4a26.jpg

Will he be ok?

I think you need to ring a vet or take mum and babies to go see one to get checked over?

Mums fine & so are the rest he's just Alittle in the small side & his fur isn't growing as quick.. Maybe the runt of the litter

Take him to the vet 's. It might not be something big, he might just need a little TLC, but it's much better to be safe than sorry. Hope he 's alright.

You could call the vets for advice but I don't think I'd take them in unless the vet advised it as they are still so young. It may well just be that ones the runt and a bit slow developing. If mum will let you without getting upset, you could hold him to her to get an extra drink to make sure he's getting enough milk. Just have her sat upright (distract with food) and hold his nose near a teat.

It might also be an idea to weigh him, that way you can be sure he's growing still even if he's a stage behind. Does he have normal proportions (head to body ratio etc.)?

Unless he's showing signs of illness i.e. discharge, bad droppings, an injury, not feeding, too hot or cold etc. I don't think there is much a vet can do.

I rang the vets and they said if it seems ok in itself then he doesn't think it's anything to worry about, il try and do that with mum thanks!

Back