• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry and Petal are in love! How to progress?

HarrytheHop

Young Bun
The dates have been going really well and they are totally loved up. Lots of grooming, flopping together and cuddling up. No chasing or humping.
Going to extend their time together and increase space, with a view to eventually removing the divide in the playhouse.
Question is, I'd planned to make some changes to the inside set up in the playhouse. My thought is to use time when they're on their extended date to add insulation and reinstate mezzanine level. Also have a rabbit hut, which is still in the box and needs to be put together. Will it freak then out and threaten bond if I make too many changes?

Aww, they sound like they are getting on great :)

I think I'd wait until you think they are ready to be together permanently (which sounds like they pretty much are) and then leave them snuggling elsewhere and do all the changes and it will be like neutralising the area. A rearrange can be a good thing as then it's a new neutral space instead of just their spaces minus the divider. Then pop them in their new pad. You might find they do a bit of humping/marking initially as it's a new space but it should settle quickly.

That's what I was hoping! They're so sweet together now, especially as Petal's coming out of her shell a bit more. Fingers crossed it progresses smoothly. The bad weather today makes me even keener to get them together

To be honest it sounds to me like they are ready so I'd pick a day for it when you can leave them together from first thing, get everything done to their housing and then pop them in together when you're finished.

It can take a few weeks living together to settle completely, so if you've got the snuggling and no chasing then your about as ready as you can get :)

Petal just spent 10mins grooming Harry, leaving him with the best bed head I've ever seen!
I'm going to shop for ply tomorrow and get my husband to fit it all and put together other bits.
Can anyone tell me where to get the big under bed storage trays everyone talks about on here? Do you think it's better than two small ones?

Back