• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how have you blocked the tv and wires?

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
can i see some pics please. we got a new tv unit but i'm worried about some gaps that bisc might get through. thanks :wave:

I bought a roll of chicken wire and put it around the front and sides of the unit (they cant get to the back because its in a corner and sides are against walls) :thumb: Marble started jumping onto the top shelf so I now have puppy panels in front of it too :roll:

My computer is in Ludo's room. The cables are all put through thick protectors. He's never shown any interest in them since we put them in that but even if he did I don't think he'd get through easily.

I remembered!

You can see the chicken wire behind the panels.
The chicken wire worked well for Maizie and Daisy, but not so much for Marble :roll:
30e3c9b0069f907fde7c0cc3b5c68b38.jpg

thanks both :D

looks like what i put up at night. but the daytime it blocks the tv aswell if they're up. think i picked the most awkward unit, but it's a weird space where the tv is. :roll:

If we are all out and about all day I leave the panels up, I only take them down when someone is home to keep an eye on the wire chewer :D

can i see some pics please. we got a new tv unit but i'm worried about some gaps that bisc might get through. thanks :wave:

I'm debating on what to do with my tv wires as well - all my broadband/phone/tv cables are all in the same area. I can't decide whether to wrap all the cables up with cable protectors or just guard it off. I'm probably going to end up doing both just in case...

I'm debating on what to do with my tv wires as well - all my broadband/phone/tv cables are all in the same area. I can't decide whether to wrap all the cables up with cable protectors or just guard it off. I'm probably going to end up doing both just in case...

mines in cable tidy wire and then has panel in front :wave:

Apologies for the quality of the photo it was taken with a phone and it's dark. Hopefully you can just about see the thick casing. Ludo doesn't chew it at all.

will definitely have to get some of the wire protectors. it's just for peace of mind really. i don't even think bisc would bother to be honest. but better safe than sorry :thumb:

I use a wire protector for the extension lead and then I've hung the extension lead off the back of the unit and cable tied all the separate cables up on top of the unit. I used electrical tape to secure the wire protector onto the cable as it kept slipping.
Hard to explain so I'll try and attach some pictures.
66675e54fd8cc9860c28245edf47fffd.jpg

20a3261e737d44f3cae28bbeb81d63d9.jpg

I just got the protector and cable ties from a local cheapy shop.

Back