• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Logan is ill :'( he's gone :'(

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
I thought he was choking, that's definitely what it seemed like, lurching, coughing, spluttering, bringing up loads of saliva and gunk, still able to breath though so we rushed him to the vets, he coughed up stuff a couple more times in the car

He coughed up more in the vets, although between coughing fits he was absolutely fine, vet said his lungs both sound crackly and she thinks he has a bad chest infection that has been brewing for a while :( he's fine except for when he starts bringing stuff up when he starts choking and blocking his nose off and understandably panics, so he's at the vets over night, on oxygen therapy, anti-inflammatories, IV antibiotics and IV diuretics to get the fluid off of his lungs :(

So shocked :( was not expecting that at all :( poor baby :(

Last edited:
Oh no! Poor little man and poor you! What a worry!

I hope your vet can sort this out for you as you obviously love him already xxxxxx

Thanks everyone x

The vet is going to call me tonight and in the morning with updates, she says it's just a wait and see as to what effect the meds have :(

She did say he is the friendliest and best behaved rabbit she has ever met, which I can definitely believe, I still think in his mind he is just a small human!

Oh no! I wonder if it's the stress of the last couple of weeks. Keeping everything crossed for good news in the morning.

Oh no! I wonder if it's the stress of the last couple of weeks. Keeping everything crossed for good news in the morning.

Yeh I was thinking that, but then if I'm honest, he hasn't been stressed in the slightest, not once have I seen him scared or acting stressed except for the one time I attempted to stop him humping Lilly and he pretty much cried because I wanted to get back to her!

The vet said he would have had this infection for a little while so definitely before he came to live with me and maybe even before he started bonding with Lilly :( he just didn't show any signs at all so there wasn't any reason to suspect anything :(

Vets called and said he's out of the oxygen container now and is settling although still breathing fast, he's nibbled a bit of hay so he's not lost his appetite. He's had one dose of the diuretic but he may still need another.

The vet said if he keeps having relapses like he was earlier then it's a very poor prognosis :(

As of now though he seems to be stable and if he stays stable and responds to meds then he'll be ok

Really scared for him :( I'm going to pop to the vets after the bake off with his food and some herbs and I'll ask if I can have a quick fuss of him and regardless I'll ask for an update

Poor little guy, I'm glad he's at least eating something now :thumb:

Sending lots of vibes and hope he continues to improve xx

Back