• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a Mom and babies coming in later, question?

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya,

Got bad neglect case of Mom and babies coming in later, it's been years since we've had proper little babies, at what age should they be split from their Mom?

Ta :wave:

Hiya,

Got bad neglect case of Mom and babies coming in later, it's been years since we've had proper little babies, at what age should they be split from their Mom?

Ta :wave:

I thought it was around 8 weeks and never before? As long as they are eating and drinking well on their own at that age?

I hope someone will come along a confirm this. I've never had babies only read about their care. I hope that they are all OK. Poor momma and little ones xx

about 8 weeks - they may be a bit 'behind' if they are from bad conditions. I actually kept ours with mum for longer than that - . . in fact 4 are still with her at the age of 3 years!!!

The other two went their own ways after sibling rivalry, but are still with us.

Thank you :love:, I have not seen them yet but vet said they're still very small (they're three weeks), I am just trying to sort out splitting them spaces so needed to know what kind of time scale I need to work to. 8 weeks is perfect as it gives me 5 weeks to play with :D

Thank you :love:, I have not seen them yet but vet said they're still very small (they're three weeks), I am just trying to sort out splitting them spaces so needed to know what kind of time scale I need to work to. 8 weeks is perfect as it gives me 5 weeks to play with :D

Good luck! Let us know how the little ones and mum get on! :thumb:

Back