• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Progress on Binkys play house.. U/D p4

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
The photo it was advertised with..
8578e614b79c5023f46f670f57fb1e6f.jpg

Setting it up.. (used to belong to a child hence the pink and green insides :lol: )
40bed89e5648ad0253748c8957d45d2a.jpg

Everything halted to a stop when my Dad drilled through his finger (yes, in one side and out the other!) And had to have tendon repair surgery a few weeks ago - he's in a cast so ive taken on the job :shock::lol:

So today ive put the boards inside, rubbed the whole thing down (he helped with one hand lol!) Assembled the inside door and cut the mesh then painted the door.

He changed the roof on it before his accident and obviously supervised with everything to tell me what I was doing wrong as im not the best at DIY!

(Photos are after I've rubbed it down)

1f8ca23dbf2b3b9979880b58480dbd23.jpg

7411814ebd42dcd40bb0542ca3a49245.jpg

b64db84109dfc95e6393619b105f1ce0.jpg

Having dinner then getting back to it! Hopefully it'll be done in the next few weeks!

Will keep this thread updated to show the progress instead of keep making new ones too

Last edited:
We have paint :thumb: its drying in this photo, and the white bits were painted aswell...really happy with how it's going!
e5e1e5a0cc9033df597007b3605dc390.jpg

49935cec7f83762bf3997dfbf87ec2c4.jpg

Wow its looking really good!! Do you mind me asking how much / where you got the boards for the inside? And did you put any insulation behind them? I am at the stage of wondering whether to do this but on a tight budget!!

Wow! That looks fantastic, what a great job! :)
Thank you :wave:
Wow its looking really good!! Do you mind me asking how much / where you got the boards for the inside? And did you put any insulation behind them? I am at the stage of wondering whether to do this but on a tight budget!!
My dads work had massive sheets of the board from a delivery of car parts and they let him take them, so they were free - we only had to buy one bit of board but they do work out quite expensive even just for one!

I havent put insulation behind it no, but Bellas shed doesnt have insulation and as long as shes had snuggly areas and like an enclosed box of some sort she can get all warm in shes been fine, obviously if they weren't reacting well to the cold it would get insulated but they've both been fine the past winter :wave:

Its practically finished now!

The door is on, with two bolts for now

We are boarding up the windows so she can go in it quicker but we will eventually switch it for perspex (sp?)

Literally all that's left to do now is to put the screws into the window bits!

She could of been in it tonight but I have no newspaper left?! Will have to get some from my nan tomorrow :lol:

But providing the windows are screwed on at some point today she can go in it probably tomorrow yay!

Hi Amy (aaammmyyy???)

Bit off topic - but is there a particular name for the type of bunny (Binky) in your pictures? I have taken on a freebie from Gumtree that looks exactly the same! She is beautiful :)

Dani

Hi Amy (aaammmyyy???)

Bit off topic - but is there a particular name for the type of bunny (Binky) in your pictures? I have taken on a freebie from Gumtree that looks exactly the same! She is beautiful :)

Dani

Hiya, sorry I haven't been online much but ive only just seen this!

Both Binky and Bella are netherland dwarf x mini lop crosses
Hope your new bun has settled well since you've posted :)

Back