• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Shed

Critch

New Kit
Thought I would share a few pictures, of our Familys Bunnys, Rainbow Dash & Benny,

1fb3926354dfe31c35a357e2bf00e1bb.jpg

Clearing the shed

Very nicely done!

Love the double doors so you can have it enclosed or mesh, and that run looks big! Nice paint job as well!

What do your bunnies think?

Awwww thanks, they seem to like it, enough hopping room for them,
The shed is 6x8ft, and the run is just slightly bigger,

Just some inside fettling to be done,

Looks fantastic - an amazing size, well thought out, loads of hay and loads of stuff to play with! I love the blue colour too, and the little shelf to peep out the window :love: I would however recommend adding in batons of wood to the bottom of the run to create a full frame and stapling & nailing the mesh to that too, as a predator would have a very easy time bending the mesh out the way to get in. Mesh is usually better on the inside too, as it's easier to rip mesh off than push it off from the other side. While it might not be easy to bend the mesh by hand a hungry predator is a very motivated animal.

Thanks for those tips[emoji195]
The mesh is burried 12 inches bellow the ground curled under with bricks on top then back filled with soil n grass sods,
I have some 4 inch planks to go around the bottom just haven't got around to screwing them on yet,
Would that be enough?

Hello again, a little update,

the Bunnys are doing amazing, sooo cute yet much larger they look identical apart from the way they act towards us,

the hay storage is now as high into the roof as i can get it, and they cannot,

they now have two new levels around the shed to run around, and another window to peep out of,

oh and Benny has been neutered back in november, the pee around the shed was a nightmare,

we are looking to move house soon so bunny shed 2.0 will be released, or Equestria as my Daughter likes to call it.

The improvements sound good. Especially getting the hay out of the way!!!

You realise that you cant just post descriptions. We NEED pictures :D

Back