• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First trip to the Vets

Family_Moose

Warren Scout
Yesterday the girls went for their first trip to the vets, thankfully for nothing more than a "welcome to the practice" appointment with the nurse!

The vets came highly reccomended by friends who use it for all sorts of animals, but what swayed it for me was the fact that they have a very rabbit savvy nurse! It was this nurse who did their check! She checked both the girls over & weighed them..... what I'm sure could have been a quick in & out appoinment was 30 minutes! She was very keen on all the things that I've learnt in my research before getting the girls and things that I'm learning through the posts on here!

I was happy before I went for the appointment, I'm now even happier with my choice!

The girls weight 1.75kg (Sugar) and 1.5kg (Toffee) which was nice to know, and she said they'll probably grow to twice the size they are now, so definately big girls!! (Am already shed/house/aviary hunting for when they are just that bit bigger for me to be happy with them in their current hutch/run combo).

Heather

Pleased it went so well, definitely sounds like you've picked a good practice :) They are very lucky girls.

It's always great to know that your buns are in good health - and if anything were to happen, they would be in good hands. Well done:thumb:

Back