• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escape attempt?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
As many may know I have a camera feeding me video of the bunnies to my Ipad so I can keep an eye on them at work.

I've just watched Milo jump on top of the hay rack (which is attached to the front gate of the enclosure, the gate is 6ft high but when he was on top of the hay rack there was maybe 4/4.5 foot to the top?) and gauge whether he wants to try jumping the last few feet over the gate, maybe I need to move the hay rack haha? Milo is SUCH a tinker....

Finn tried to copy him after he got down and tried to get on top of the hay rack too but he’s too porky, he fell backwards off it onto his bum in the hay, now he’s sitting in the house pride bruised and sulking....I was frightened he'd hurt himself but he only sulked for 5 minutes now he's hopped into the litter tray for some hay.

Sorry fluffy butt, not today! :lol:

They sound like cheeky buns indeed!!

The Great Escape ........ maybe next time!

As many may know I have a camera feeding me video of the bunnies to my Ipad so I can keep an eye on them at work.

I've just watched Milo jump on top of the hay rack (which is attached to the front gate of the enclosure, the gate is 6ft high but when he was on top of the hay rack there was maybe 4/4.5 foot to the top?) and gauge whether he wants to try jumping the last few feet over the gate, maybe I need to move the hay rack haha? Milo is SUCH a tinker....

Finn tried to copy him after he got down and tried to get on top of the hay rack too but he’s too porky, he fell backwards off it onto his bum in the hay, now he’s sitting in the house pride bruised and sulking....I was frightened he'd hurt himself but he only sulked for 5 minutes now he's hopped into the litter tray for some hay.

Sorry fluffy butt, not today! :lol:

I'd love to have a bunny cam but how on earth do you manage to get any work done? I'd want to watch them all the time :lol:

Fiver once jumped over the partition in their enclosure when at boarding by using a hay rack! Fortunately there were no buns in the other enclosures otherwise that might have ended badly! He's a ****** and certainly an escape artist, I'd definitely move the hay rack, I bet it won't take your bun long to pluck up the courage to jump!

Fiver once jumped over the partition in their enclosure when at boarding by using a hay rack! Fortunately there were no buns in the other enclosures otherwise that might have ended badly! He's a ****** and certainly an escape artist, I'd definitely move the hay rack, I bet it won't take your bun long to pluck up the courage to jump!

That's what I thought, Milo is very good at that too, he escaped his enclosure when he was only around 12-13 weeks old, the enclosure was at least 3ft maybe more and at the time I was obviously oblivious to the height a bunny can jump! He shouldn't have even been jumping that high at that age! Little sod :lol:

I'd love to have a bunny cam but how on earth do you manage to get any work done? I'd want to watch them all the time :lol:

I only watch them for a couple of hours in the morning then they go to sleep from 10am until around 3pm. So I don't watch them all day :lol: Even when I do watch them I still always get everything done!

:lol: sounds like a character!

One of mine (before they moved to their new enclosure) would jump over the fence but jump right back in when she hear me opening the gate. It was 5 feet high fence as well.

Only found out when my dad was watching them through the window and he witness it for himself! :lol: Obviously, this brought their moving date forward a lot faster!

I have to make sure Lopsy's box and log hut isn't too close to the run opening or he'll be straight out and into the strawberries! I also know he's capable of jumping the 23" out of his run, but he hasn't bothered yet: he's more interested in the food in his run! At least, if he ever does escape, he'll be so distracted by all the yummy things in the garden he probably won't go too far! And he'll be too fat to squeeze under the gate after a marathon nomming session! ;P

Back