• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden vac for bunny poops?!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Anyone tried this or have a garden vac and see any reason this could not be used for bunny poops?! Just had a brainwave (maybe not a good one :lol:) as it's a pain sweeping up the poops off the deck boards in the run and just thought hmm could I just vac em up?! :oops:

Despite my three willing furry 'Hoovers' offering to help (dogs!) I normally sweep bunny poos up daily with a dustpan and brush, or a stiffer dustpan brush if it is poo/hay on grass.

We have an old cheap Hoover that we use for cleaning the car etc. so I have tried Hoovering up bunny poos/Aubiose (that stuff gets everywhere!) and found that it works well on poos on smooth dry surfaces such as patio slabs/Lino etc so should work well on dry decking.

I have actually used my shiny new Dyson Animal upright (bagless so it is so easy to empty the poos out into a binbag) in my bunny kennels/hutches/shed for a deep clean with truly brilliant results. I take care but whether Dyson would recommend it for such use I cannot say...

I could go on all day about cleaning up bunny poos :oops:
But from my experience provided it is dry and safe to do so hoovering might speed up cleaning the decking, even if you just use it sometimes for a deeper clean than can be achieved with the usual dustpan and brushing.

I've often considered buying one of those £££ Dyson handheld Hoovers just for bunny cleaning!
And then I wonder why I have no money... :roll:

Last edited:
Back