• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foraging book now on RWAF website Shop

I got one at the conference and it has lots and lots of plants in it with good photos and great advice. (&cute bunnies)

if anyone is on other rabbit forums they can spread this news to that would be great!

Need excellent sales on this so that they will agree to 'Gardening for Rabbits' . . the follow up . . . .

also of course just because forage food is very very very good for buns in all sorts of ways - so the more people forage the better!!

if anyone is on other rabbit forums they can spread this news to that would be great!

Need excellent sales on this so that they will agree to 'Gardening for Rabbits' . . the follow up . . . .

also of course just because forage food is very very very good for buns in all sorts of ways - so the more people forage the better!!

Gardening for bunnies - I have visions of a bunny in wellies with a spade.... :lol:

Awaiting my copy now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gardening for bunnies - I have visions of a bunny in wellies with a spade.... :lol:

Awaiting my copy now....

Foraging for Rabbits was deliberately chosen to be an ambiguous and gently humorous title - whether its human foraging for food on behalf of rabbits, or humans desperately rummaging through forage looking for their rabbits, or rabbits being taught to forage for themselves . . so Gardening for Rabbits will take the same slightly ambiguous title!!!

Sounds good. When it says 'lists of plants' in the contents how in depth is the list? Does it have lots of photos of each one?

I've ordered :) And I'll review it on my blog once I get to read it. It's a shame the weather has suddenly gone cold and not so much about to pick :(

I bought a copy at the conference. It's absolutely brilliant, really clear descriptions of each of the plants and a photo or two. The photos are quite small but they're usually enough to enable you to recognise the plant, or if not, they're definitely enough for you to take it to google to cross reference with other photos if there's something you're unsure about.

Definitely a winner and I would certainly campaign for 'gardening for rabbits' to be added to the list.

Can I also take this opportunity to say what a fantastic talk on housing Twigs gave at the conference. A really daunting topic for that audience, but she really challenged us to think about housing from the bunny's point of view and to think beyond the size of the area and more towards what to do with it to make it best for bunnies and us. It definitely gave me food for thought.

Foraging for Rabbits was deliberately chosen to be an ambiguous and gently humorous title - whether its human foraging for food on behalf of rabbits, or humans desperately rummaging through forage looking for their rabbits, or rabbits being taught to forage for themselves . . so Gardening for Rabbits will take the same slightly ambiguous title!!!

:lol: I'm glad to hear someone else thinks that way and deliberately went with the idea :lol:

Sounds good. When it says 'lists of plants' in the contents how in depth is the list? Does it have lots of photos of each one?

Each one has an photo, smallish but we had to keep the book to a certain number of pages to keep price down, then common names, Latin name, a lay mans description, comments on drying etc if relevant, and a rabbit tested nominnes. rating.

Back