• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

drinking more when moulting

mabels mum

Warren Scout
Is it normal for rabbits to drink more when moulting? Mine are both going through a moult and both are drinking significantly more - especially Arthur. Thanks.

Not something I have noticed in my Rabbits. Are you grooming them daily to try to minimise the amount of fur they ingest ? Are they having less veg/grass than normal ?

If the excessive water consumption continues I would suggest taking the to the Vets for a check up as in some cases excessive drinking can be indicative of a health problem.

Thanks for the reply. I'm grooming them, sweeping out a lot and changing the water bowl lots to minimise them ingesting fur. Veg/grass consumption is normal. Am going to book an appointment tomorrow as Arthur has smaller poops than normal and I'm not sure if it's just me being paranoid now but seems a little thinner than normal too.

Back