• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Need advise don't know what's wrong

Kate1990

Young Bun
Hi it's a bit of a long story 3 week ago Tilly had her dental it went fine she came home was great eating drinking then on Monday she wasn't eating her veg again and seemed really down she wasn't moving wasn't interacting so I took her back to the vet who said couldn't find anything wrong other than her sneezing but that was every few hour he want that worried and gave what baytrill

Any way Thursday night she would not eat her pellets at all I was having to feed her one at a time from my fingers and her poops were really small.. Took her to the vets and the vet said her guts were stopping working and admitted her I was heart broken
:( the vet rang and said she seemed fine And shredding newspaper in her cage so being hooked up to
Fluid .. antibiotic .. Pain relief and food brought her around
Anyway yesterday they rang said she was fine and to pick her up because I was working a friend picked her up the vet told him she was fine and have him more baytril
She seemed great when I got in from work she ran over to ek have me
Kisses she was back to normal eating pellets I was so happy apart from she had this white gunk on her eye and white on her eye ball which she didn't have before she was admitted

Anyway this morning my bf woke me up and said she's just layed down with her head flopped not moving hasn't touched her breakfast and when I went to give her her baytrill she just layed there and let me out the syringe in her mouth ( this is not Tilly at all she hates being stryinge fed) sort it's so long but I'm sat at the vets now nearly in tears because I don't know what's wrong has anyone any ideas ?
Thanks Kate and Tilly xxx

It sounds like you need a rabbit savvy vet in the long term but, in the short term, I'd get your bun straight back to the emergency vet.

I can see she was discharged with Baytril. Anything else like Metacam or gut motility drugs??

I'd definitely go ASAP.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I echo whats been said... Straight back to vets. Theresclearly something not right..

All the verybest. Noserubs for Tilly xxxxx

She's just started squeeling really loud and going crazy in her Carryer in the vets and she's
Died :( I'm heart broken
She only got discharged yesterday I don't understand
It was awful the noise and how violent it was I don't know what to do I'm sat in the car park in pieces :(

Sounds as though she might have a problem with her kidney function. I hope that the Vets can help, getting her on a drip may be the first thing needed.

EDIT: We cross posted, I am so sorry for your loss :cry: It does sound like acute renal failure :cry:

RIP little Bunny :cry:

I'm so sorry. What an awful experience for you. You so clearly tried to do your best and relied on your vet. Sleep tight little one. :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness, what a horrible experience for you all.

Binky Free precious. I am so sorry.

Fee x

Oh God Kate, I'm really sorry. What a horrible thing to happen. :cry: Do you have a partner or a friend who could maybe come and look after you for a bit?

Thankyou everyone it means a lot it's just a shock I just thought they would admit her again not that I wouldn't be coming home without her
Iv come to my mums I can't go home on my own all her things are covering the house :(
Just got to think she had a great year
And 2 month and I knew she loved us and knew we love her :(
Thanks jane the vet did say when he looked at her she had an ulser on her tounge and maybe her kidneys had stopped working would they have been able to see this yesterday ? Or was it just unfortunate xxx

She's just started squeeling really loud and going crazy in her Carryer in the vets and she's
Died :( I'm heart broken
She only got discharged yesterday I don't understand
It was awful the noise and how violent it was I don't know what to do I'm sat in the car park in pieces :(

I'm so very sorry for your loss :cry:

Gosh Kate I am so so sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you :love: so glad you're not alone xx

Back