• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying Metronidazole

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I buy it with a vet prescription, and I always used Lloyds Pharmacy Online, but they've nearly tripled their prices, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for where else to try? I have to buy like 200mls a month, so I need it as cheap as possible.

Do you get it in the liquid form? When I've needed it in the past, I've always had it in a tablet form directly from my vet (think it's normally for cats) which is more of a pain but waaaaay cheaper. I used to crush it and mix it with a little echinacea and water, and Santa would take it willingly from the syringe.

We used to use tablets aswell. I used to crush it and mix in a teaspoon of Ella's kitchen. It's brand name was flaygl or something like that.

Interesting- thanks guys! Next time round will look at seeing if the vets can do tablets.

Jane- those prices are per unit (i.e. per 1ml), so for 200mls it would cost me nearly £80.

Back