• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

UD/ Statis, boooo! >:(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Poppy was fine last night, this morning though she hasn't taken her medicine which she usually gets over excited for. She refused a bit of banana and has been lying funny, don't know if it's tummy pressing but she would loaf and her back end would still be sticking up more so than usual. She did just lie down and looked more comfortable but I don't know..

My bf is paying out of hours so we can go to the vet surgey we usually go to, no idea which vet it is though..
Took a while to get her in the carrier as she has spent the morning trying to escape from having her bum checked. Which is pretty typical but she was quicker and more determined to get away than usual.

She was at the vets on Wednesday and was in good health even though the reason she was there was because she coughed and scared me half to death.

I say she isn't eating but her diet is 100% soggy pellets so she tends to eat more in the late afternoon, evening and early morning.

I don't know what's wrong :( or what she will need, if it's one of the bloke vets then they won't have a clue so I'm hoping it's one of the women or our usual vet :(

Last edited:
She's had some gut stimulant and painkiller, we have some metoclopramide to start giving her tonight. Never had this happen before so no idea what to do/expect. I'm trying to remain as calm as possible as to not send my anxiety through the roof.

Our usual vet is on call this weekend from this evening so that's good.

I made her some food, mushed it up and made it more liquid'y but so far she's just been lying down. Not sure how long to give it before syinging her some food :( or if I should.. No poops, but no eating either.

Edit- She just got up, lay on her side then got up again and loafed, then got up and is now lying facing the other way.

Last edited:
Sending millions of vibes for your Poppy. Hopefully within a few hours the meds will kick in and Poppy will start eating.

She had a move around just and is now lying down again, she had a few licks of some mushed up banana. This is horrible, I don't know what to do :(

That sounds like what Harvey was when he went into stasis :( he always got pain relief, anti-emetics and pain killers and often would come round quickly but once it took a little while for him to recover, I always let him rest for an hour or so after the vets to let him calm down, to give the meds a chance to work and to see if he'd start eating by himself. If he didn't I'd then syringe feed him some critical care, which he hated and then I'd pester him with hay or herbs straight away and sometimes he'd just take them to get the horrible critical care taste out of his mouth it seemed, but once he started eating little bits like that he'd soon start picking up hay of his own accord and eating it. I'd go with what you think regarding when to start syringe feeding really, when I would syringe feed depending on when I last saw him eating too, if I knew he'd eaten in the last hour I wouldn't jump on the syringe feeding fast because he used to sleep all day for hours without eating anyway! If I got back from work or going out and he wasn't eating I wouldn't know when he last ate, it could've been hours, so I'd syringe feed earlier.

Lots of eating vibes x

She's licked up some more banana and has gone through some different positions, two of which her feet were pointing up and she looked more comfortable but now she is back in a loaf with feet underneath.

If you try and rub her belly or anything like that she hates it and jumps off, in front of her hips look kind of sunken :(

My bf is taking her back to the vets now, I'm just sitting here crying like am idiot. Just so worried :(

The vets is the one that is further away but the usual surgery is closed now for the weekend. I just don't know what it is, she really doesn't like you touching her belly though :(

Our vet thinks because of the metacam she's been on for quite a while it's been hiding something internal. What I don't know. She came out of the carrier and went straight to the mash of soggy food and banana I had made her and ate some, then ran around a bit.

She's going back in the morning and apparently it's a decision between blood tests and things or pts, which I want to avoid at all costs.

What on earth do we do :cry:

Our vet thinks because of the metacam she's been on for quite a while it's been hiding something internal. What I don't know. She came out of the carrier and went straight to the mash of soggy food and banana I had made her and ate some, then ran around a bit.

She's going back in the morning and apparently it's a decision between blood tests and things or pts, which I want to avoid at all costs.

What on earth do we do :cry:

Lots of vibes that she gets well quickly and proves the vet wrong! x

Back