• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zac and Rodney -U/D 6th 0ctober-Zac Has Died :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Zac (11) is in Heart Failure, he is also blind and he has arthritis. He has also become senile which is now impacting on his quality of life :cry:

Rodney (9) has advanced osteoarthritis. He went off his back legs on 7th September but we got him up and mobile again with a long acting steroid and lots of physio. After about 10 days he went back onto Metacam and this kept him mobile and comfortable until yesterday when his back legs went again :cry: He has had another steroid injection but so far there has not been much improvement. Rodney does not cope with a lot of hands on care. So if things remain as they are over the weekend I will have to let him go too :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine how hard it must be for you but I know you will do whatever's best for them.

I hope that they can remains happy and well for as long as possbile, sending love and vibes for everyone xxx

Oh no, I'm so sorry Jane :cry: I hope they have a while longer with you yet... Sending hugs and mega vibes xxx

So sorry to read this. It is never easy saying goodbye to our loved ones ...

I hope you all have some quality time together before they go.

Zac (11) is in Heart Failure, he is also blind and he has arthritis. He has also become senile which is now impacting on his quality of life :cry:

Rodney (9) has advanced osteoarthritis. He went off his back legs on 7th September but we got him up and mobile again with a long acting steroid and lots of physio. After about 10 days he went back onto Metacam and this kept him mobile and comfortable until yesterday when his back legs went again :cry: He has had another steroid injection but so far there has not been much improvement. Rodney does not cope with a lot of hands on care. So if things remain as they are over the weekend I will have to let him go too :cry:

Poor old boys. I am so sorry Jane :( I hope that things will be peaceful for them both x

My heart goes out to you Jane. Trying to summon up the courage to decide when the time is right to say goodbye to our old friends is very, very hard to do. But we know we have to do it because we love them so much. Thinking of you.

Back