• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growing Bunnys Portions

Critch

New Kit
,
We have two 3 month old mini lops,
They live in a 8x6 multi level shed with unlimited access to a 8x6 2Ft high run,
They have unlimited hay, we are also feeding burgess pellets,
How much should pellets should we be feeding, I read somewhere baby buns should have unlimited pellets, but to what age,

Weight on 20th September
394g
423g
Weight 4th Oct
628g
655g

Last edited:
Hi there. Most people say feed unlimited pellets (within reason) to around 6 months, and then start cutting them down gradually to around 1 egg cupful per kg body weight per bunny per day. I am stingy though and only feed my two mini lops 1 egg cup each per day and they never had unlimited pellets. They have lots of veg and loads of hay though so they're fine! One is one year old and the other is 8 months and weigh around 1.3 to 1.5kg. I think the key thing is to make sure that they have plenty of hay and to check that they are eating all their cecals. If they are producing extra then it is generally a sign that their diet is too rich, and their pellets should be reduced. Are you feeding them a junior specific food at the moment? If you are you will also need to gradually change them over to the adult one at the relevant time as well.

Just out of interest do you know what sex they are and have you been warned about fighting (2 males or 2 females) or mating (one of each) when their hormones kick in?

And more importantly you have to post some pics!! It sounds like they have an amazing set up and are 2 very lucky buns!

B&Buns,

Thankyou that's very informative,
Yes they are on baby bun pellets, so is it a good idea to start mixing in the adult ones in small portions and increasing it,
We have one boy and one girl, planning on getting them sorted, so no baby buns or grumpy hampers
Check out my thread in housing,

A little pic of them
b59317851decdae5f55b7c1c8c07c6a5.jpg

Back