• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do you keep your buns occupied?

lucy24

Mama Doe
whether indoor or outdoor? im worried that mine are bored, especially outside. they have 8x6 run under hutch and 2 tunnels but thats it really. they dont seem that active unless they are free ranging which i cant do alot.what have you done to make sure your bunnies are stimulated? have you bought things from shops like ikea and used them as toys? if so what?

just looking for inspiration!

what do you indoor buns like?

They like to graze on grass mainly, but do spend some time munching hay. Other than that, sleep :) until dinner time :thumb:

Apple tree brances. Brambles/hawthorn (regularly changed).

Cardboard boxes. Willow.

They like to chew and eat and chill. They do get bored so I try to change stuff around for them as much as possible.

I did get them those treat balls to put pellets in but they kept dropping them into their water bowls ...

I worry about Flo too, she's on her own and I'm worried she's lonely and bored. I don't have much time on my hands to bond her though :(
She has a run which she has free access to, she has tunnels and toys which she plays with and chews on. She runs around a lot. It's proven that the more space a rabbit has, the more active they are. Maybe consider buying a large run they have access to even when you're not there?
Also, I make simple toys for her. Stuffing treats and hay in a kitchen/loo roll cardboard tube is excellent entertainment for them!

I'm not sure how much occupying they need to be honest. Ludo knows how to ask to be allowed to free range in the whole house rather than just his room but he doesn't do it very often. He likes ripping up his toys (ball and mat) but other than that he seems to spend the whole of his time eating hay, grooming, flopping and sleeping. :roll:

Lots of hay and things to nibble/dig in. Cardboard boxes and tubes stuffed with hay are good, so are willow sticks and cardboard tunnels. I also put old fleecy blankets or rags into cardboard boxes for the bunnies to scrabble and dig at.

Back