• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EC- Fenbendazole( Panacur etc) Resistance

Kevin Eatwell gave a lecture on EC at the rabbit conference yesterday. He did not mention this though I guess it may not have been the right time or place to do so. The bottom line is that EC is still very difficult to diagnose accurately and in many cases of head tilt there is another cause.
He confirmed that 9 day courses of Panacur given routinely as a precaution are neither use nor ornament. EC is a right bu..er :(

Kevin Eatwell gave a lecture on EC at the rabbit conference yesterday. He did not mention this though I guess it may not have been the right time or place to do so. The bottom line is that EC is still very difficult to diagnose accurately and in many cases of head tilt there is another cause.
He confirmed that 9 day courses of Panacur given routinely as a precaution are neither use nor ornament. EC is a right bu..er :(

I think head tilt is far more likely to be due to a middle ear infection than to EC

Back