• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbie! Just passed my home visit - Time to buy some bunny supplies! Any tips?

tammybunny

Young Bun
Hello everyone!

I just passed my RSPCA home visit earlier today and I will hopefully meeting and taking my bunnies home this weekend.

My bunnies will be free roaming in my living room so I am keen to provide them enough toys and chewy things to distract them from chewing my furniture and causing general bunny mayhem. I'm going to place an order on Viovet for some chew mats and beds but are there any other toys or tips you could give to a newbie indoor bunny carer.

Hello everyone!

I just passed my RSPCA home visit earlier today and I will hopefully meeting and taking my bunnies home this weekend.

My bunnies will be free roaming in my living room so I am keen to provide them enough toys and chewy things to distract them from chewing my furniture and causing general bunny mayhem. I'm going to place an order on Viovet for some chew mats and beds but are there any other toys or tips you could give to a newbie indoor bunny carer.

Bunny proof the room and don't assume that because they have toys, they won't like your phone/ Internet cables better :lol:

Are you restricting them at night time? Try to get good litter training in place, or they may already be good buns as trained by the R.S.P.C.A.

Welcome to RU :wave::wave:

Hiya and a huge welcome!!!!

When the bunnies come. You must give us pictures... We love Bunnies!!!!!!

Fee x

Hi, yes I forgot to mention they'll be in a pen but I will let them out in the living room after a couple of days once they are used to their litter tray.

I don't know if they will be completely free roaming 24/7 unless they are super well behaved buns ;)

Bunny proof the room and don't assume that because they have toys, they won't like your phone/ Internet cables better :lol:

Are you restricting them at night time? Try to get good litter training in place, or they may already be good buns as trained by the R.S.P.C.A.

Welcome to RU :wave::wave:

Hi, yes I forgot to mention they'll be in a pen but I will let them out in the living room after a couple of days once they are used to their litter tray.

I don't know if they will be completely free roaming 24/7 unless they are super well behaved buns ;)

They exist??? ;)

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Hi :wave: my bunnies came from the RSPCA too.

One thing I didn't realise when I got my bunnies is how small a space they can get into, under the TV cabinet for example so bear that in mind! :thumb:

Tunnels are a must I think, mine love them and a treat ball is a good way to feed pellets.

Don't forget lots of hay too :)

Cardboard boxes are always popular with my two :love:

Can't wait to see pics of you new additions. Mine were from the RSPCA too.

Welcome to the crazy world of buns

A card board box to dig in and renovate (just don't let them eat too much) keeps mine entertained for hours. If you put it in its side so the top flap hangs down to cover the entrance they'll spend ages bouncing in and out and chasing each other it's great! Also anything with bark such as twigs, sticks or wooden woven stick ball thingys! I also give mine a tray filled with crispy leaves and twigs every now and then to have a good forage about in. Can't wait to see some pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the cardboard box sorted, my buns will have a build a bear box to snooze and play in that my niece has kindly donated :D

Who needs a pets at home cardboard castle anyway!

qoy5mp.jpg

A card board box to dig in and renovate (just don't let them eat too much) keeps mine entertained for hours. If you put it in its side so the top flap hangs down to cover the entrance they'll spend ages bouncing in and out and chasing each other it's great! Also anything with bark such as twigs, sticks or wooden woven stick ball thingys! I also give mine a tray filled with crispy leaves and twigs every now and then to have a good forage about in. Can't wait to see some pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardboard boxes for sure. For all the bunny willow and apple sticks, loofah, wood and hyacinth bunny chew toys, mats, seagrass balls, etc. good old brown cardboard, newspaper and shredded paper tastes better. Especially when it's verboten! :lol:

Last edited:
Cardboard boxes for sure. For all the bunny willow and apple sticks, loofah, wood and hyacinth bunny chew toys, mats, seagrass balls, etc. good old brown cardboard, newspaper and shredded paper tastes better. Especially when it's verboten! :lol:

Hahaha... bad times, especially when I've just ordered £30 worth of chewy chew toys for the new bunbuns. I've bought them the chew mats, the chew beds, a chew tunnel and one of those wooden chew bridges... Though I'd say they are well worth the money if it saves my furniture legs/walls/skirting boards.

One of my buns is a Rex, I've heard that they can develop sore hocks - any idea what I can do to help prevent this... would buying her a special cushion help so her feet are off the floor?

oOoh are you adopting Tia and Smudge from RSPCA Walsall? If your not then I sound very weird :lol: If you are, it's lovely to see you on here :wave:

My two LOVE anything made from unpeeled willow or water hyacinth. The hay experts have a really good range.

Pieces of vetbed or similar are meant to be good to prevent sore hocks as are grass mats.

You must be very excited, can't wait to see pics.

Back