• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow and Bramble have injuries

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Well...

Took both the bunnies to the vets today.

It would appear that at the bonding or some time later when they have come home, they have both sustained injuries. Brambles was more serious than Willows.

Presumably whilst chasing initially, Bramble has sustained a seriously ripped ear and a hole literally through his ear. Willow has a gash in her side and a torn ear too, albeit less obvious.

Bramble is exceptionally furry and it was only on Wednesday when I had my first cuddle and clipped his claws, I fully noticed the extent of his injuries. Willow has a big lump on her side with is also covered in fur. It's a huge scab now but healing well.

The vet was surprised at how well the injuries have healed and especially both bunnies are eating, pooping and showing no signs of discomfort. We can only presume these injuries occurred weeks ago.

The only downside is I was building up a nice relationship with Bramble but since taking him to the vets in the carrier, he is fearful of me again and is hiding.

The pair are still doing well and showing no further signs of aggression etc.. Fingers crossed

Fee x

Fingers crossed they continue to heal well, I'm sure Bramble will forgive you soon :thumb:

Just been back out to shed. He ran away and sat thumping in the cardboard box..

Ohhhh i am a bad bunny mummeh xx

Oh bless him, I'm sure he will come round soon, so long as you can bribe him with treats :thumb:

Back