• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still struggling with Nibbles

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
He is getting huge clumps of cecals stuck to his bum again :(

I have tried so many different things and I just cannot work out what causes it! Just when I think i have cracked it it's back again. Could it be environmental rather than diet related and how can I help reduce it or at least help him? He has no incisors and I thought this might be a reason but I. Not sure it is. At the moment I'm having to clip the fur otherwise it ends up stuck to everything. :(

Would appreciate advice...

Has he had a thorough vet check with a bunny-savvy vet?

This may sound strange, but does he appear stressed being outside? I made a thread about Alfie a while back about what could be causing his excess cecals and I went through everything but just concluded in the end that being outside simply made him stressed, which in turn made him not eat his cecals. He's better now because he's inside, and goes out for forty minutes or so when it's nice. If I were to put him outdoors permanently again, I know he'd be right back to his messy self.

Has he had a thorough vet check with a bunny-savvy vet?

This may sound strange, but does he appear stressed being outside? I made a thread about Alfie a while back about what could be causing his excess cecals and I went through everything but just concluded in the end that being outside simply made him stressed, which in turn made him not eat his cecals. He's better now because he's inside, and goes out for forty minutes or so when it's nice. If I were to put him outdoors permanently again, I know he'd be right back to his messy self.

He was better when he was in doors to be fair. So I wonder if it is being outside that upsets him? He doesn't seem stressed though. Unfortunately buttons gets upset if she's inside and I'm only allowed one bun indoors (jasper) :(

So sorry to read that Nibbles is poorly again. Would a wendy house be possible in the garden? It may seem more indoorsish ...

Lovely Nibbles ... poor little sweetheart.

So sorry to read that Nibbles is poorly again. Would a wendy house be possible in the garden? It may seem more indoorsish ...

Lovely Nibbles ... poor little sweetheart.

They live in an 8x6 shed at the mo and have access to the run too. So I don't know why he would be unhappy :( maybe I need to make it more homely with curtains etc :lol:

Back