• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To rehome or not to rehome?

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all,

I am a self confessed crazy bunny lady and currently own a group of four. I recently took on two buns from facebook with the aim of rehoming them. They were advertised as two girls in separate tiny hutches and were not speyed or vaccinated. I got them vaccinated and one turned out to be a boy so I'm so glad I took them on and avoided more unwanted babies. They've both now been neutered and I have the lovely Billy who is a 6 month beautiful cream lop and Bramble who is 18 month girl with a red ruff, still currently separate. Ive had them a month now and *suprise suprise* have become very fond of both of them! I have the capacity for more buns but am in a moral dilemma - do I keep these two young pretty buns or do I try rehoming them and keep space available for buns that are more in need? Part of me says if I rehome them then I'm taking a home away from two rescue buns but the other part of me knows that there are older more difficult buns out there that I could help. I know I can't help them all but I am really struggling to know what to do for the best! Any opinions would be most welcome :)

Can you imagine the thought of them leaving you and living with someone else?

I always get very fond of rabbits I foster. They almost become part of the family. But I always tell myself exactly what you've said to yourself .. their stay with me is only temporary and it's time for them to move on.

If you can possibly bear to part with them to a lovely home, you have so much to offer older and possibly more needy buns, who would never have a second chance at love.

Good luck whatever you decide. You have a big heart :love:

Thank you both :) I've decided to rehome my girl Bramble with a work colleague who has a single male and an amazing set up. I'm going to be so sad to see her go as I've really bonded with her since I rescued her. Fingers crossed she gets on with their boy and has a forever husbun. If I can't rehome Billy I'll be looking to add him to my group :)

Back