• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wabbit Wednesday - Update on my rabbits!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
Maizie and Daisy
Now referred to as the terrible twins, troublesome twosome etc.
They are loving life in the bedroom. There are plenty of hiding spaces, and given how nervous they can be, the love it. They come running over to the barrier across the door every time I go near it, obviously expecting food :roll:
Maizie found her way onto the bed last week, I've put a stop to that :lol: She also discovered that she could jump over the gate across the door and sat happily munching on fenugreek crunchies.
Daisy is still the best behaved of my buns (says a lot about the others!) She has started coming out of her shell, she accepts nose rubs and cuddles, and she even comes over to me for attention. She likes to rearrange everything in their room, and a few times I have woken up in the middle of the night and fallen over a toy/box that wasn't in that place when I went to bed.

They're back to using the litter tray again. They did start only weeing in there and pooing everywhere else, now they only poo outside of the tray if they wanted it changing. I think they were pooing everywhere because of Marble's sense and they were still hormonal.

They're still tiny. At last weigh in, Maizie was 1.6kg, and Daisy was 1.8kg. They are now 8 months old. They're still close, and are always cuddling together, and eating the same piece of food. They still snatch their food off each other, run away, chase etc :roll: this is their favourite game! These two are my cuties :love:

Marble
Marble is currently at Wind Whistle Warren being bonded to Billy, who we are looking to rename!
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?431230-New-names-for-Billy!

She is still as cheeky as ever. She regular tries to tug crisp packets out of my hand, and tries to sneak into the kitchen. She tries to pinch food from the coffee table, but a stern "no" usually stops her.
She loves being in the living room, and loves the extra time I spend with her, and the attention she gets as a result. She regularly tries to sneak onto the sofa, but she has been banned after she pee'd on it. She has taken to chewing it, and ripping holes into it instead :roll:
She loves the bathroom, if I'm in there and shut her out, she'll scratch at the floor by the door until I open it. She likes to lie next to the toilet :roll: and she likes to throw the toilet brush around. She's not as naughty now that she gets more attention, but she is still cheeky. Whenever someone comes to visit, she hops over to them expecting food. If they don't have any, she thumps and goes to her sulking corner.
She sulks and thumps a lot. She sulks whenever I have put her in the carrier to clean, or go to the vet. She thumps when she's in the carrier, and she thumps if she wants attention and I'm ignoring her.

She got the all clear at the vet after her EC. The vet was very please with her, and with my quick reactions.

I hope she bonds well with Billy, I was looking forward to having my living room to myself, but it feels so strange without her! She'll be happy when she gets home though, there are lots of new toys waiting for the happy couple :love:

Great to hear an update :thumb: and glad they're all doing so well, hope to see photos of the (hopefully!) Happy couple!

Surely he can't be as naughty!!! :lol:

Lovely update. I love that pick of the two girls on their bed on the other thread :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely he can't be as naughty!!! :lol:

Lovely update. I love that pick of the two girls on their bed on the other thread :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not. Could you imagine it :shock::shock: I will definitely move out!!

Thank you :) Pictures of them on the bed seem to go down well :lol: I think it shows just how small they are!

Back