• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wabbit Wed Nes Day. Inside the hutch...

Kara

Warren Veteran
So, hubby made one long super hutch from two of the p@h jobbies, they have litter tray at one end, carpet tiles through the whole area and towels on top of that.

I clean the litter tray out twice a week and give the whole hutch a quick once over every day.

I am wondering whether to make a box to go in there for them to snuggle in? I alternate cardboard boxes & toys daily and they just destroy everything :lol:

I have a wooden box but it's not quite big enough for both to lay in...

So what do your outdoor buns do?

They will have a snugglesafe or 2 in there & the whole hutch will be covered in either old carpet of thick blankets then a tarp.

Thanks in advance :wave:

Just need to get a decent permanent run for it now :thumb:

10417660_10152826017651742_8814317158951737518_n.jpg

10592822_10152826018646742_6971734997138297983_n.jpg

We gave it a new roof as the ones they come with are rubbish and of course there would be a gap in the middle! It has wood on the bottom and sides bolting it together :thumb:

1527137_10152731256166742_2148851905346069032_n.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant job, it looks like it was build as one :)

A snug place might be good for winter.

What a brilliant idea.the hutch looks fantastic. Great pictures. Love the one with the human to show the size.

That's as big as my house! That is one amazing hutch. Have you emailed the pics to p@h so they can learn that their hutches are inadequate?

Anyway. Maybe try to cover it in something black for the winter as it absorbs heat. It may make a little difference. Also more thinner layers are better than less thicker layers. Maybe extra hay? Cardboard that they can play in, then nest in. Ask shops if they can keep their banana boxes ect as these work well to put under insulation on the top of hutches to add air space so it traps their body heat. Also they can nest in them and use them on top of their littertrays. Xxx

They need boxes and hidey holes - seems illy I know when you have made such a great space - but they love small hiding places!!!

They have a wooden box that they go in and on and I think I'll carry on with hay filled cardboard boxes too!

They had a great hutch run combo before but used the hutch as the toilet and slept outside in a box!!!!

Back