• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Sarah1989!

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
i hope you don't mind me asking, but can you share stories of all your buns for us please for wabbit wednesday? i think i missed something along the way and have no idea how many you have now, or their stories :)

Yes of course. I have six now - Blueberry & Slipper, Blackavar & Cherry, Jacquetta & Lady Katherine.

Slipper came first. My ex bought him for me from p@h in 12th December 2011 as my soul bunny, Dexter, had had to be pts the previous day :cry: and I was so heartbroken & couldn't stop crying, he thought another bunny would cheer me up. It was the last thing I wanted but I went along with it as I wasn't in any state to argue. In July 2012, we split up & long story short, Slipper stayed with him until July 2013 when I moved into my current house. I found RU shortly after as I was looking for ways to help solve Slipper's aggression issues. I also was desperate for a snuggle bun as I still missed Dexter terribly so I was hunting for one as well as a potential friend for Slipper. I found one that reminded me of Dexy & as he was the last of a litter, I was going to get his brother too. Then the day I was due to collect, I heard that all bunnies had escaped. I then found an ad for mini lion lops & went to see them that weekend. It was then I saw Badger & Blueberry - 4week old tiny fluff balls :love: Blueberry hopped straight up to me & licked my hand :love: only Dexy had ever done that so I fell for him immediately. And Badger looked so much like Dexy, I was desperate for him, but he was thought to be a girl then so I couldn't.

4 weeks later, I went to collect them & I heard Badger was a boy so I could have him after all :love: everyone loved my boys, my mum kept making excuses to come see then, my friends, neighbours etc & their soft floofiness & friendly bouncy playfulness helped to ease the pain I felt at losing Dexy. But they were so previous to me, I didn't dare try to bond them with Slipper after all. So I needed another bunny.

I fell in love with a beautiful bunny on RIN on here - Mitsy, a little black bunny with sapphire blue eyes :love: it wasn't to be sadly, but hearing that black bunnies were overlooked & how much I loved then, I decided to try for a black mini lop. I found Blackavar :love:

He was a former stud bunny whose partner had just died & so was no longer needed. I brought him home, nursed him through stasis, got him neutered, vaccinated & onto pellets instead. I made arrangements for them to be bonded as I didn't have the nerve to try myself.

In the meantime, I was more active on here & aware of the rescue situation. Blackavar is an unofficial rescue from the free ads, but I felt guilty about buying from p@h & breeders & wanted to help. So I hunted around for a rescue bunny. I tried about 10-15 different bunnies from different rescues and none successful. I did find a beautiful blue beveran called Rambo at RSPCA Macclesfield & I was determined to do anything to be able to have the perfect home for him. Sadly that didn't work either & I hadn't felt so upset since the day Dexy died. So I sat in the kitchen with my 4 boys to try & cheer myself up & they clicked. I had myself a quad!

Next I found a litter of baby blue beverans for sake in Lancashire. I was desperate to go & get one or two as id become so enamoured of the breed when trying to adopt Rambo. But I didn't want to support a breeder. I agonised for a month over the decision, but eventually went for it & an so glad. Jacquetta & Lady Katherine were the only two girls in the litter, but were still with their brothers at 8 weeks old! No way was I go going to leave one behind for god knows what & I'm so glad! They're wonderful bunnies with great personalities & I adore them so much!

Badger tragically died very suddenly. Like Dexy, he was just too good for this world & left far too soon. My remains three boys then fell out, leaving Blackavar alone again. I didn't want another bunny & couldn't face the heartache of trying to rescue again, so I left things for a while (as well as my personal life going to hell in a hand cart!)

He suffered with dental issues in July & was very depressed. I knew then I'd have to get him a friend so I spoke to Angie at the barc open day & reserved the lovely wildie x Cowslip. I waited for her to be spayed & then she came to live with us a month ago. They were originally to be bonded at barc, but Blackavar's ongoing dental issues & depression/stress problems meant that wasn't going to happen. He's been a completely different bunny ever since he saw her & I couldn't be happier :love:

Cherry herself (my nickname for Cowslip) is quite nervy, but is getting braver. She no longer hides from me whenever I go in although I'm not able to stroke her yet. She will occasionally eat from my hand though :love: in the next few days, I'm going to be moving these two out of their bonding cage and Into their permanent home so fingers crossed they continue to be loved up & consequently Blackavar continues being a brilliant eater which will obviously help his dental issues!

I love my bunnies, they're awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add I didn't tell RU about Jacquetta & Lady Katherine for months as I felt bad about buying them from a breeder. When Jane went public about buying Lord Herbert, I decided to out myself as well so maybe I could share some of the flack if there was going to be any.

Yes of course. I have six now - Blueberry & Slipper, Blackavar & Cherry, Jacquetta & Lady Katherine.

Slipper came first. My ex bought him for me from p@h in 12th December 2011 as my soul bunny, Dexter, had had to be pts the previous day :cry: and I was so heartbroken & couldn't stop crying, he thought another bunny would cheer me up. It was the last thing I wanted but I went along with it as I wasn't in any state to argue. In July 2012, we split up & long story short, Slipper stayed with him until July 2013 when I moved into my current house. I found RU shortly after as I was looking for ways to help solve Slipper's aggression issues. I also was desperate for a snuggle bun as I still missed Dexter terribly so I was hunting for one as well as a potential friend for Slipper. I found one that reminded me of Dexy & as he was the last of a litter, I was going to get his brother too. Then the day I was due to collect, I heard that all bunnies had escaped. I then found an ad for mini lion lops & went to see them that weekend. It was then I saw Badger & Blueberry - 4week old tiny fluff balls :love: Blueberry hopped straight up to me & licked my hand :love: only Dexy had ever done that so I fell for him immediately. And Badger looked so much like Dexy, I was desperate for him, but he was thought to be a girl then so I couldn't.

4 weeks later, I went to collect them & I heard Badger was a boy so I could have him after all :love: everyone loved my boys, my mum kept making excuses to come see then, my friends, neighbours etc & their soft floofiness & friendly bouncy playfulness helped to ease the pain I felt at losing Dexy. But they were so previous to me, I didn't dare try to bond them with Slipper after all. So I needed another bunny.

I fell in love with a beautiful bunny on RIN on here - Mitsy, a little black bunny with sapphire blue eyes :love: it wasn't to be sadly, but hearing that black bunnies were overlooked & how much I loved then, I decided to try for a black mini lop. I found Blackavar :love:

He was a former stud bunny whose partner had just died & so was no longer needed. I brought him home, nursed him through stasis, got him neutered, vaccinated & onto pellets instead. I made arrangements for them to be bonded as I didn't have the nerve to try myself.

In the meantime, I was more active on here & aware of the rescue situation. Blackavar is an unofficial rescue from the free ads, but I felt guilty about buying from p@h & breeders & wanted to help. So I hunted around for a rescue bunny. I tried about 10-15 different bunnies from different rescues and none successful. I did find a beautiful blue beveran called Rambo at RSPCA Macclesfield & I was determined to do anything to be able to have the perfect home for him. Sadly that didn't work either & I hadn't felt so upset since the day Dexy died. So I sat in the kitchen with my 4 boys to try & cheer myself up & they clicked. I had myself a quad!

Next I found a litter of baby blue beverans for sake in Lancashire. I was desperate to go & get one or two as id become so enamoured of the breed when trying to adopt Rambo. But I didn't want to support a breeder. I agonised for a month over the decision, but eventually went for it & an so glad. Jacquetta & Lady Katherine were the only two girls in the litter, but were still with their brothers at 8 weeks old! No way was I go going to leave one behind for god knows what & I'm so glad! They're wonderful bunnies with great personalities & I adore them so much!

Badger tragically died very suddenly. Like Dexy, he was just too good for this world & left far too soon. My remains three boys then fell out, leaving Blackavar alone again. I didn't want another bunny & couldn't face the heartache of trying to rescue again, so I left things for a while (as well as my personal life going to hell in a hand cart!)

He suffered with dental issues in July & was very depressed. I knew then I'd have to get him a friend so I spoke to Angie at the barc open day & reserved the lovely wildie x Cowslip. I waited for her to be spayed & then she came to live with us a month ago. They were originally to be bonded at barc, but Blackavar's ongoing dental issues & depression/stress problems meant that wasn't going to happen. He's been a completely different bunny ever since he saw her & I couldn't be happier :love:

Cherry herself (my nickname for Cowslip) is quite nervy, but is getting braver. She no longer hides from me whenever I go in although I'm not able to stroke her yet. She will occasionally eat from my hand though :love: in the next few days, I'm going to be moving these two out of their bonding cage and Into their permanent home so fingers crossed they continue to be loved up & consequently Blackavar continues being a brilliant eater which will obviously help his dental issues!

I love my bunnies, they're awesome!

They're all gorgeous :love: I still can't tell which is Jacquetta and which is Lady Katherine though :lol:

Aww I love your bunnies Sarah. So glad Blackavar and Cherry are getting on so well.

:love::love::love:

Aww what a lovely story of how you came to be owned by all your buns. Thanks for sharing xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

They're all gorgeous :love: I still can't tell which is Jacquetta and which is Lady Katherine though :lol:

Jacquetta is the one who kept running away in terror everytime we laughed at something :roll::lol:

Lady Katherine is the norty one who kept trying to eat the pellets & attacked your back & handbag :roll::lol:

Aww I love your bunnies Sarah. So glad Blackavar and Cherry are getting on so well.

:love::love::love:

Me too, he so happy now :love: it was awful seeing him so sad & lonely & depressed & uninterested in anything, but now he's a totally different rabbit :love:

Aww what a lovely story of how you came to be owned by all your buns. Thanks for sharing xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you :love: I'd like to know how you came by her Ladyship? Xx

Jacquetta is the one who kept running away in terror everytime we laughed at something :roll::lol:

Lady Katherine is the norty one who kept trying to eat the pellets & attacked your back & handbag :roll::lol:

Me too, he so happy now :love: it was awful seeing him so sad & lonely & depressed & uninterested in anything, but now he's a totally different rabbit :love:

Yes I know that but they don't stay still enough so I can remember which is which :lol: I really think we should come up with a way of labelling them :lol:

It's so nice to see the spark back in Blackavar's eye :love:

I've only just seen this thread (I go to sleep early! :lol: )

Thanks so much for sharing its lovely to hear all their stories :) your bunnies are so lucky to love with such a great mum!

Yes I know that but they don't stay still enough so I can remember which is which :lol: I really think we should come up with a way of labelling them :lol:

It's so nice to see the spark back in Blackavar's eye :love:

I know, isn't it? His coat is so shiny & glossy now & the never ending moult has finally stopped too. He never stops eating either now :love:

And yes, I definitely think we should label them because what if it's Jacquetta being norty one day & we blame Lady Katherine?!

I've only just seen this thread (I go to sleep early! :lol: )

Thanks so much for sharing its lovely to hear all their stories :) your bunnies are so lucky to love with such a great mum!

Awww thank you :love: I do love them very much even if my (non existent any more :shock) savings don't!

Back