• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I'm losing Dusty :(

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
After finding fly eggs last Friday she has become very introverted. She started to mess herself and not keep clean. Today I think she's stopped eating.

Her spine is horribly prominent and she fed so increasingly light. I have no reliable way of taking get weight here but to me it feels like she's back under 1kg which would be a 250g drop in 10 days, though I think it's actually even quicker.

I opebed the doors to the garden this morning and she just say there hunched. I've given infacol as I could hear strange noises from her tummy but now I think she's not eaten.

Vet first thing as an emergency of course but I just have a heavy sense of foreboding.

After finding fly eggs last Friday she has become very introverted. She started to mess herself and not keep clean. Today I think she's stopped eating.

Her spine is horribly prominent and she fed so increasingly light. I have no reliable way of taking get weight here but to me it feels like she's back under 1kg which would be a 250g drop in 10 days, though I think it's actually even quicker.

I opebed the doors to the garden this morning and she just say there hunched. I've given infacol as I could hear strange noises from her tummy but now I think she's not eaten.

Vet first thing as an emergency of course but I just have a heavy sense of foreboding.

I'm so sorry, that's very upsetting. I do hope the vet can give you some answers and maybe also some hope.

How old is Dusty?

Dusty is 8months give it take a few days.

She has always had 'issues' but health wise she has in the past kept herself clean and been lively. Niw it just seems like the spark isn't there

Dusty is 8months give it take a few days.

She has always had 'issues' but health wise she has in the past kept herself clean and been lively. Niw it just seems like the spark isn't there

Oh my goodness she's a baby I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you mean about the spark not being there.

I hope you've got a good vet who can really asses the situation, as it sounds pretty urgent ..

Do you mean that you took her to the vet on Friday when you found the fly eggs but there has been no improvement? Flystrike is dreadful.

is there an emergency vet open now? if she's not eating, by the morning she will have really slowed down and become alot weaker :(

:cry:

Little Dusty!!! I've always had a soft spot for you. Please pull through. Lots of gentle nose rubs and all paws crossed for you here. :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Output over night was actually quite good, so she must have eaten something but she just looks so miserable and frail there is devoutly something very wrong. Just off to the vets - she hates the carrier and it really stresses her out but I have no choice. I just hope she can keep going. I think she'll probably be admitted - I hope we find and can fix the issue.

We started her on laprizole about 10 days ago and the downhill slight is co-incidental. Could the medicine be playing Havoc with her?

Last edited:
384D4E3D-68FB-4667-99CA-50992E1C00CC.jpg

This was Dusty just last week. She has deteriorated very quickly.

The fly strike was caught and resolved, but I think looking back that was a symptom not a cause. I feel so sorry for my poor little girl

Awwww, what a lovely photo. I hope you get some answers. :cry:

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Output over night was actually quite good, so she must have eaten something but she just looks so miserable and frail there is devoutly something very wrong. Just off to the vets - she hates the carrier and it really stresses her out but I have no choice. I just hope she can keep going. I think she'll probably be admitted - I hope we find and can fix the issue.

We started her on laprizole about 10 days ago and the downhill slight is co-incidental. Could the medicine be playing Havoc with her?

It's a possibility, but I have never personally found this, even on double dosage ...

I hope the vet gives you some answers and your young one pulls through x

So Dusty was admitted to the vets this morning.

She will be in overnight. She has very bad guts. Not 100% sure what the cause is so we are treating a raft if things. She was a bit gassy plus m&s had a suspected blockage and is doing the most awful poos that stink.

I hope she can get through this and she is in good hands but she is so frail and boney which gas come in so quickly the vet thinks it's 50/50

Sending her more nose rubs and best wishes to you. You've done so very much for little Dusty. :cry:

Back