• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit shed ideas

harley&poppy

Young Bun
Hello there. So instead of a playhouse I have decided to get a shed instead! I only have a small alley beside my house to put it in so it can't be huge but I will make sure a large run is attached. How big are everyone's sheds on here? I was going to put a large aviary door down the alley does anyone know where I can get these?? Many thanks for your help 😀

Hey. IMO you can't beat a shed with an attached aviary for a great bunny home. Here's my old one:

Mine is 8ft x 6ft. If I could have changed anything about it it would have been to get one with opening windows (it did get very hot in summer!) and to have used weld mesh instead of chicken wire for the run.

Last edited:
My first was along the side of my house so had a 6x4 shed with access coming out the back into the 12x4 run.
I don't like having to walk through a run to get to the shed. I take out the perspex windows and replace with mesh - overheating is easily done - i cover with plastic in the winter

You can get door off ebay but some are dodgy quality - if you mention where you are someone may have a local recommendation for you?

I'm in North Hants so use customhutchesandruns.co.uk (on fb too) as i can specify sizes.

:)

I have 1 in a shed (awaiting a girlfriend) and a pair in a playhouse

8xvpll.jpg

not a great pic!

Last edited:
My first was along the side of my house so had a 6x4 shed with access coming out the back into the 12x4 run.
I don't like having to walk through a run to get to the shed. I take out the perspex windows and replace with mesh - overheating is easily done - i cover with plastic in the winter

You can get door off ebay but some are dodgy quality - if you mention where you are someone may have a local recommendation for you?

I'm in North Hants so use customhutchesandruns.co.uk (on fb too) as i can specify sizes.

:)

I have 1 in a shed (awaiting a girlfriend) and a pair in a playhouse

8xvpll.jpg

not a great pic!

They both look fab! Does anyone know anywhere in essex that make rabbit sheds with attached runs?

Back