• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on the Foster Bunnies... *Pic Heavy!*

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Surprise surprise, I've decided to keep them :oops::lol:

I was going to save their story for Wabbit Wednesday tomorrow, but I couldn't wait that long! Thanks to some extremely kind donations from a few on here, and some other friends on Facebook, we managed to raise enough money to get Pickle neutered. He sailed through the op at the beginning of September, and I've had no problems with him since :) Noodles is still teeny tiny, and won't be able to be neutered for months we don't think (thankfully, touch wood there has been no hormonal behaviour from him as of yet)

On Facebook a few people said that because I've decided to keep them, I may be seen to have "deceived people" who donated to their cause. If any of you feel like that, I truly am sorry, but I hope you know that I did intend to let the rescue find them a new home... I just got too attached in the end, and I know that forever more I would have worried about where they ended up, did Noodles get neutered, were their vaccs kept up to date etc etc.

Here are a few recent photos of the boys :) As you can see, Noodles is the more adventurous of the two and so there are more photos of him.

Obviously now that I have 100% decided to keep them, I will remove the fundraising links from my signature. I may still run an "official" fundraiser for them in future, maybe a raffle or something, but we'll see :)

There are various reasons why I decided to keep them... Obviously they'e adorable, but I was also concerned about Noodles' stunted growth, and the fact that he can't yet be neutered. I didn't want to send them off to a new home when one bunny hadn't been "done". Also, Cupcake is very ill (recurring snuffles and stasis that is just sucking the life out of her, we can't figure out what's wrong or what to do :cry: I haven't really spoken about it on here as obviously it's upsetting) so if the worst happens Pud would be left alone. My eventual plan is to bond them into a trio. I may even try a larger group depending on what my housing situation is at the time :) I hope no one is mad at my decision to keep the boys, and I hope you like the photos. :wave:

I can totally understand why you kept them! They are stunning! :lol: How lovely they will get to stay with such a lovely mummy! :love:

That is so sweet :D

Its lovely for them to have you as their mum :D

They are so gorgeous so I can see why you couldn't let them go :love::love::love:

Yay!! I'm so glad you're keeping then as I'm totally in love with Noodles and if he went to rescue I'd have to track him down & I can't afford any more bunnies, nor do I have the space or time. Now I can drool over him on here :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No wonder you are keeping them! They are just soooo cuuute.

This does of course mean that we will NEED regular photo updates :D

Yay!! I'm so glad you're keeping then as I'm totally in love with Noodles and if he went to rescue I'd have to track him down & I can't afford any more bunnies, nor do I have the space or time. Now I can drool over him on here :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha and of course, you'd have had to take Pickle too!

Awww, I'm glad your keeping them. They are gorgeous :love:
I was speaking to my mum about fostering but she said "no, because we'd end up keeping them all!"
I'm still trying to convince her that I wouldn't keep them but she's having none of it.... I won't show her this thread!! :lol:

Back