• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo was ''almost'' not mine!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I've just been very sentimental about my boys lately. They are growing up, their personalities are shining through and they bring me so much laughter and joy! :love:

I had forgotten until the other day that when I went and picked Milo and Finn as babies they were put into a hutch together so they could get to know one another. Obviously at the time I didn't know you could adopt from rescues and things...

When I went to pick them up a week after the breeder told me that a ''man'' had been looking at Milo and had offered her double the money for him because of his colours! :? (I paid £25 each for them, he offered £50 for Milo)

I often wonder who this man was and I often wonder if Milo would have been put into the relentless breeding process like to many other poor bunnies. I guess I can only be grateful the breeder told the man he was already mine. If she had really wanted to she could have lied and said she'd made a mistake or whatever...its a funny thing, I always think about all of Milo and Finn's brothers and sisters in the hutches too. I had hold of a tiny little brown bunny who's ears hadn't flopped yet at one point, I wonder what happened to her?....

When I retire I'm going to get a big warm shed built and rescue bunnies. I might not be able to help everyone, but I'd love to help those I can. I'd do it now if I didn't have to pay for a house and a car and everything else! Flaming bills are the bane of my life! :lol:

Badger was almost not mine either. I fell in love with him at first sight but the breeder thought he was a girl at first (he was only 4 weeks old at the time) and she was keeping him. Then the day before I was due to collect Blueberry & another bunny, she called me to ask if I still wanted him as he was a boy so she wasn't keeping him after all & this other couple were after him but I'd wanted him first. I jumped at the chance! I miss my boy :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger was almost not mine either. I fell in love with him at first sight but the breeder thought he was a girl at first (he was only 4 weeks old at the time) and she was keeping him. Then the day before I was due to collect Blueberry & another bunny, she called me to ask if I still wanted him as he was a boy so she wasn't keeping him after all & this other couple were after him but I'd wanted him first. I jumped at the chance! I miss my boy :cry:

Awh little Badger, little stunning boy he was. <3 (hugs)

Ted might not have been mine either! I saw him advertised on Rabbit Rehome as a five year old neutered male, looking for a new home after being dumped on someone who couldn't care for him. I ummed and ahhed over it for days, and then decided not to enquire about him (didn't want my parents to kick off :lol:) A few months later, I was browsing Facebook when I saw his photo pop up. The lady who had been caring for him was asking for him to be put on a rescue's waiting list (I'm "friends" with the rescue on Facebook), as she just couldn't care for him anymore. The rescue didn't have space for him and I took it as an act of fate :lol: I messaged the lady, and she dropped him off the next day. He's such a character, I'm so glad I took him on :love: Unfortunately, he wasn't neutered after all, but it was a small price to pay for such a wonderful bunny. He's made Wotsit very happy too :)

Ted might not have been mine either! I saw him advertised on Rabbit Rehome as a five year old neutered male, looking for a new home after being dumped on someone who couldn't care for him. I ummed and ahhed over it for days, and then decided not to enquire about him (didn't want my parents to kick off :lol:) A few months later, I was browsing Facebook when I saw his photo pop up. The lady who had been caring for him was asking for him to be put on a rescue's waiting list (I'm "friends" with the rescue on Facebook), as she just couldn't care for him anymore. The rescue didn't have space for him and I took it as an act of fate :lol: I messaged the lady, and she dropped him off the next day. He's such a character, I'm so glad I took him on :love: Unfortunately, he wasn't neutered after all, but it was a small price to pay for such a wonderful bunny. He's made Wotsit very happy too :)

Awwwwh! What a gorgeous boy Ted is! :love:

Oh my goodness, he is gorgeous :love::love::love:

What breed is Ted? His colouring and his lop makes him look very much like Toffee!

Our girls came from a litter of 5 (born at a rescue), we always knew we were going to have Toffee from the first day we saw them, it was a waiting game to find out who else would become part of our family as we needed to find out what sex they all were. As it turned out the decision was made for us due to Toffee being female, and Sugar being the only other female.
Sadly one of their brothers died (mum squashed him when they were 7 weeks old) we are just hoping that Earl Grey and Liquorice have found happily ever after homes! Despite Hubby calling me the crazy bunny lady, he has mentioned on several occasions bringing the boys home too........... we have no space for them with our current set up, are due to be moving house within the next 6 months but I would so dearly love to have them here too!

What breed is Ted? His colouring and his lop makes him look very much like Toffee!

Our girls came from a litter of 5 (born at a rescue), we always knew we were going to have Toffee from the first day we saw them, it was a waiting game to find out who else would become part of our family as we needed to find out what sex they all were. As it turned out the decision was made for us due to Toffee being female, and Sugar being the only other female.
Sadly one of their brothers died (mum squashed him when they were 7 weeks old) we are just hoping that Earl Grey and Liquorice have found happily ever after homes! Despite Hubby calling me the crazy bunny lady, he has mentioned on several occasions bringing the boys home too........... we have no space for them with our current set up, are due to be moving house within the next 6 months but I would so dearly love to have them here too!

He's a dwarf lop :D his face is very 'sooty fawn' in colouring, but the rest of his body is all different shades of brown!

I only got Frankie by a matter of minutes too! I went and enquired about her and waited for the bunny lady to be free to help us. While we were waiting a man and his daughters came in and looked at her. It was obvious we were stood waiting for staff and he asked us were we having any of them. We said yes, definitely the little brown one and probably the white ones too. He said they wanted the brown one and had been in to see her before and wanted her as a friend to go in with their other rabbit. I said I have asked for her now and they left.

I am SO glad she came to me. I shouldn't judge but they didn't seem like they would know about bonding etc with their other rabbit and she has so many issues. She was very poorly a couple of weeks after we got her and had a long recovery back to health. Even my friend said to me she doubted Frankie would still be alive if she had gone to the other people the amount of times she has had to be nursed through illnesses. She is an absolute handful, almost a wildie in her behaviour and I can't bear to think of her with someone potentially not bunny savvy! If we hadn't got there until 10 minutes later we would never have had her. I'd be considerably richer! But I love that little bun, she is such a character!

He's a dwarf lop :D his face is very 'sooty fawn' in colouring, but the rest of his body is all different shades of brown!

I love the sooty fawn colour, sadly I know Toffee is not a dwarf, at 13 weeks old she's bigger than most dwarfs I've seen who are fully grown, and mum was huge!!

I love the sooty fawn colour, sadly I know Toffee is not a dwarf, at 13 weeks old she's bigger than most dwarfs I've seen who are fully grown, and mum was huge!!

Dwarf lops can get quite big, I've known dwarf lops that are well over 3kg. It's the mini lops that stay smaller :p

Dwarf lops can get quite big, I've known dwarf lops that are well over 3kg. It's the mini lops that stay smaller :p

Slipper is a dwarf lop x lionhead x god knows & he was just weighed this weekend at 3.35kg!! He's a big boy :love:
f08f08731021e59edc9c3d08f5c1454c.jpg

Back