• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The fun of stasis

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
2pm - Charlie was fine.
4pm - Charlie ate two pellets slowly and since then has refused all food.
6.30pm - Vets. Teeth checked, meds and brought home.
8pm - Nibbled a tiny bit of food.

Vibes please that he starts eating again properly soon. I'm going to be up all night! Rabbits are too stressful :(

Milly has been sat stuffing her face to the extent that I'm sure she's trying to rub it in that she doesn't have to share.

Oh Charlie!:(

Don't be a silly boy, I'm sending you eating and pooping vibes.

And hugs for Steph.xx

He's just had some recovery food and took about 7 or 8ml of that, and about 2ml of water. Stopped then because he was just spitting everything out at that point. Now he's sulking :( Poor boy.

Aw, so hard when they're like that.

Feel better soon Charlie!

Hope the recovery helps and he starts chomping in the night.

Perhaps he'll start up once your back's turned.

In stasis overnight I set the alarm clock for every two hours. Absolutely exhausting :shock:
Certainly no fun at all!

Perhaps he'll start up once your back's turned.

In stasis overnight I set the alarm clock for every two hours. Absolutely exhausting :shock:
Certainly no fun at all!

I used to do every 2 but with Charlie, every 3 seems to work better. He does normally perk up overnight (only hasnt on one occassion) so I'm hoping tomorrow he'll be back to annoying me.

I know what you mean by exhausting... I have insomnia anyway so every 2 hours leaves me with 10 or 20 minutes sleep at a time if I'm lucky. If ill rabbit is really bad I just don't sleep! Don't go through this with cats or hamsters :lol:

I think he had a little wee earlier and, its hard to see because his back is to me, I think he just ate a bit more hay.

I used to do every 2 but with Charlie, every 3 seems to work better. He does normally perk up overnight (only hasnt on one occassion) so I'm hoping tomorrow he'll be back to annoying me.

I know what you mean by exhausting... I have insomnia anyway so every 2 hours leaves me with 10 or 20 minutes sleep at a time if I'm lucky. If ill rabbit is really bad I just don't sleep! Don't go through this with cats or hamsters :lol:

I think he had a little wee earlier and, its hard to see because his back is to me, I think he just ate a bit more hay.

No I don't know of a single other animal we have to go through this for. Getting up every 2/3 hours makes me feels like an absolute zombie, but I keep doing the Infacol and tummy rubs each time to try and get things moving.

Sorry you have insomnia as well :cry: Hope you can catch up on some zzzz's over the weekend when he's (hopefully) nibbling a lot more hay :)

Two poos, bit of recovery food and water and hes eaten a bit more hay. Went to Milly for comfort and she ignored him to come and see what he'd had in the syringes :lol: poor lad!

Two poos, bit of recovery food and water and hes eaten a bit more hay. Went to Milly for comfort and she ignored him to come and see what he'd had in the syringes :lol: poor lad!

Do you feel confident to go to bed/ and try to sleep now? ... sounds very promising - good lad :lol:

Poor Charlie and poor you. :( I understand insomnia. When I am up late with poorly bunnies and I don't at least get some kip before 4 AM I then cannot sleep until I drop...which can be hours or even a whole day later. Nothing worse than the feeling you get after those catnaps though, floor of a taxi is what I call it. :(

I hope he's doing better now and you have gotten some rest. (ah...just saw your update...some nibbling and two poos is better than nothing! :thumb:) How long has it been since his last episode? It was just recently wasn't it? ((((((((((((Healing vibes))))))))) xxxx

Do you feel confident to go to bed/ and try to sleep now? ... sounds very promising - good lad :lol:

I'm just getting in to bed now, even if I can't sleep at least I can try relax a bit!

Poor Charlie and poor you. :( I understand insomnia. When I am up late with poorly bunnies and I don't at least get some kip before 4 AM I then cannot sleep until I drop...which can be hours or even a whole day later. Nothing worse than the feeling you get after those catnaps though, floor of a taxi is what I call it. :(

I hope he's doing better now and you have gotten some rest. (ah...just saw your update...some nibbling and two poos is better than nothing! :thumb:) How long has it been since his last episode? It was just recently wasn't it? ((((((((((((Healing vibes))))))))) xxxx

Three weeks :( its not unusual for him to have two or three bouts of stasis a year but close together is hard work. Thankfully its been during the day both times, he normally chooses midnight!

Dived on th pllets I offered and is now munching the fresh hay I put in litter tray :D

Now I'm going to go and try get some sleep!

Back