• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick question about flea meds...

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
so, I have to treat my bonded pair for fleas. I've been told to put it on the back of the neck so they can't lick it off - but could they not lick it off each other? Should I keep them separate for a while e.g. until it's dried? :? What do other people do?

ETA it doesn't have any instructions about this in the product leaflet :?

Last edited:
I use advantage. I tend to treat them in a different room to the one they live in so they're a bit confused and sit with them until it's dry so I can stop them from grooming each other.

my vet recommends with cats to keep them separate for about 24hours but obviously thats not really possible with rabbits! i guess just until its dry would be a good idea :) although it's not great for them to ingest it it won't kill them unless they have a huge amount

Thanks all :)

I couldn't hold a proper conversation with the vet as the phone signal here is so poor it kept cutting out :roll: (I live in London....:roll: )

I've kept them separate just to be safe, it's dry now and I've brushed out the fur in case there's an residue there...hopefully this will be ok.

Thanks again!

Thanks all :)

I couldn't hold a proper conversation with the vet as the phone signal here is so poor it kept cutting out :roll: (I live in London....:roll: )

I've kept them separate just to be safe, it's dry now and I've brushed out the fur in case there's an residue there...hopefully this will be ok.

Thanks again!

Sounds perfect .. that's what I do with meds that need to be put on the back of the neck .. :)

Back