• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi I'm Hester

hesterfester

New Kit
Hello

This is my boy Hester, he is a Rex around 3/4 years old but not sure of his birthday he was an adult when I bought him, original owner didn't seem to know much about him :s

He is an outdoor bunny but with access to a run 24/7 attached to hutch, and gets let out to the rest of the patio area every day. He doesn't have a bunny friend but likes my labradoodle Bud and binky hops all around his run when Buddy is let outside :) they often sit on the patio together eating their treats but only whilst supervised of course!

Hope you like the photos

WP_20140730_19_15_33_Pro_zpsaeb13444.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20140730_19_12_24_Pro_zps4b8e8869.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20140515_007_zpsfc0706e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Welcome! Hester is gorgeous! :love:

Weird thing... I'm rescuing a new boy at the moment (my girl is currently at the rescue so the two of them can be introduced and bonded correctly) and I'm stuck on names, I have a list of four names that I'm choosing from and Hester is on there! It's from my favourite book and I am pretty sure that it's a very uncommon name on this forum, BUT I'm getting a very fluffy boy who does not look hare-like at all and since Hester in the book is actually a hare I wasn't sure if the name would suit him. Now I've seen your beautiful boy I can tell that he suits the name Hester SO much more than my new boy! So I think I may have narrowed my name list down to three! (I still love the name Hester of course though!!)

Hester is named after Hester the Hare from my favourite book ;) His Dark Materials trilogy...I'm assuming there can't be many more Hester hares in literature :lol: :lol: as soon as I saw Hest he just looked like a mini version of how I imagined Hester from the book :thumb:

Hester is named after Hester the Hare from my favourite book ;) His Dark Materials trilogy...I'm assuming there can't be many more Hester hares in literature :lol: :lol: as soon as I saw Hest he just looked like a mini version of how I imagined Hester from the book :thumb:

Yep same book! :D I agree, rexes look much more hare-like than my lion head :lol: I think I'll reserve the name for future use in case I ever get a rex or even an actual hare!! Still stuck on a name for this new little boy, but I'm slowly narrowing it down!

what are the other 3 names? :)

Hester doesn't seem to mind having a girls name, I don't think he's noticed :lol: when people say "that's a girls name" I always have to say yep but he reminded me of a hare named Hester from my favourite book when I was younger :D

He gets called Hesterfester, Uncle Fester, Fest or Hest the most lol :D

what are the other 3 names? :)

Hester doesn't seem to mind having a girls name, I don't think he's noticed :lol: when people say "that's a girls name" I always have to say yep but he reminded me of a hare named Hester from my favourite book when I was younger :D

He gets called Hesterfester, Uncle Fester, Fest or Hest the most lol :D

:lol: I was hoping if I called my boy Hester no one would pick up on the hare actually having been a girl in the book! I think it's a good name for girls or boys though :)

The other three names are Isaac, Roger and Logan although I'm open to suggestions! (there are photos of him on my thread titled "Lilly has a date!")

Back