• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You're not doing me a favour!!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I've been tagged in yet another status on a selling site via facebook (of which I am not part of, I avoid them for situations just like this so can't comment anyway..) for a rabbit..

I know I have rabbits and they are very well looked after but it doesn't mean I want more, which I have pointed out before too. I have no room left to put another otherwise my pets will suffer.

Anyone interested in lop eared rabbit male. 5 months old and had all injections with hutch which is brand new from pets at home. Need to give away as allergic! Needs good home please. He is sooo gorgeous email me if u interested.

How do I tell someone politely that I don't want to see things like that because I can't do anything to help them?

It doesn't do my anxiety any favours but I get really angry at people instead of stressing about it because I know there is nothing I can do.. Grrr!

I'd just say something like "thanks for thinking of me, but I've got all the rabbits I can handle for now! I always get my pets from rescues anyway, you never really know what you're getting with these free ads!"

If the same person continues to tag you then I'd follow up with "don't mean to be a pain, but would you mind not tagging me in these things? It makes me sad to think of all these rabbits being given up that I can't help so I'd rather not see"

I had a similar situation with my SIL. She kept tagging me and would sometimes call to say there were some free or whatever. I had to tell her that I don't have the time, space or money for a "free" rabbit about 20 times before she got the hint. They do think they're doing you a favour though so it can be really hard to work out how to say it without causing offence.

I'd just say something like "thanks for thinking of me, but I've got all the rabbits I can handle for now! I always get my pets from rescues anyway, you never really know what you're getting with these free ads!"

If the same person continues to tag you then I'd follow up with "don't mean to be a pain, but would you mind not tagging me in these things? It makes me sad to think of all these rabbits being given up that I can't help so I'd rather not see"

I had a similar situation with my SIL. She kept tagging me and would sometimes call to say there were some free or whatever. I had to tell her that I don't have the time, space or money for a "free" rabbit about 20 times before she got the hint. They do think they're doing you a favour though so it can be really hard to work out how to say it without causing offence.

That is perfect! Thank you :)
I know she means well but nothing is ever free in this world (as my boyfriend just told me), especially with bunnies. I have 3 poorly at the moment too which is costing around £100 a month, which I know isn't a lot but I'm off work because of my anxiety at the moment so just getting sick pay.
I imagine the p@h hutch is a Poppy Den or one of the 5ft doubles, I quite literally have no more room left for bunnies right now. And I'm still living at home so it wouldn't affect just me. Ahhhh, stressful :lol:

It is stressful. I was offered two rabbits recently (didnt ask for details as even hearing about them gets me all attached). So many 'unwanted' ones out there :(

That's awful that people do that :(

I'm very lucky that most of my friends are very animal friendly and clued up so would know that was a dumb thing to do, other people tease me because I have rabbits so I don't think they're really enough into animals to either look on Facebook selling sites or care about trying to help animals in need anyway!

I don't look forwards to this ever happening, it must be difficult to risk upsetting a friend when you have no choice but to turn their suggestion down and somehow have to let them know what a stupid thing it was to do and not to do it again! It's not so bad to do it in a nice way... but lots of people will even take a nice way badly and get insulted! Not a fair situation at all!

Hope you've managed to sort it!

Back