• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My house guests... *UPDATE*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Well I have unexpectedly just got two new house guests...

Meet Storm and Cloud (think I will change their names though while they're here :lol:)

They belonged to the kids I used to nanny for and still look after on an occasional basis, anyway, against my advice and better judgement one of the girls was allowed to get a couple of piggies. Poor things had been separated for fighting but their cage is so small it's no wonder. Well today, the girl (she's 8 ), after I was on at her yet again about not looking after them properly, told me "I'm sending them back soon anyway" :shock: Well u can imagine how riled up inside I was at that statement :evil: By back, she of course means to Pets at Home (again against my advice of where to get them from!), because of course, that's what the adoption section is for isn't it... :evil: So I said I'd take them, at least then I'll know they're being looked after, but I am looking for a new home for them. I don't have the time or space or money to offer them. If they could go outside it would be easier but too cold now. They had a run around together at their former home as I wanted to see how they interacted after being separated, they weren't great tbh but then I put them in carrier together to bring home and they settled down and I've tried them in same cage and so far so good... Just hope I can find a decent home ASAP :(

Last edited:
What a wonderful thing you have done. I can understand your frustration with their former situation. Best of luck finding them a new home xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

What a wonderful thing you have done. I can understand your frustration with their former situation. Best of luck finding them a new home xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, I've been trying my best to improve things for them since they got them, with not much luck :( Just wish I could provide them with more. If it looks like they may be staying a while I will look at building them a DIY home, they def need more space bless them. So far they seem to have settled with eachother again so fingers crossed it stays that way!

They are beautiful. Well done for taking them in. Hope you find them a lovely home. They look pretty young.

They are beautiful. Well done for taking them in. Hope you find them a lovely home. They look pretty young.

Yeah they're only about 18m old, just been thinking of ways to make a DIY cage... I can prob make them something bigger with stuff I've already got... Not that I'm planning on having them long!!! :lol:

You are such a sweetheart :love::love::love:

Some might say a glutton for punishment :roll:

Well the calm didn't last long, was just sat in the room with them when a fight broke out, they did stop but one of them sat in the corner looking terrified so I decided to separate them. Can't risk leaving them together overnight :? Makes it harder to find homes now though... Or easier maybe?! But now I have to find two homes :(

Good news, I got in touch with an urban farm that I saw on Facebook as they had commented on a post from Tameside Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue saying they had spaces, anyway, the place looks lovely and they've agreed to take both the piggies :D It's called Wellington Boot Garden Farm and they rescue a lot of chickens and cockerels. There's a possibility the guinea pigs may go to schools, which I'm sure there'll be people here who will disagree with schools having pets but personally I think it's great that they are teaching children about caring for animals, and these piggies are used to being in a busy environment as the family they came from have 9 children!! I think they'll be very happy piggies getting lots of attention :) Going to take them to the farm this weekend. So pleased I've found somewhere so quickly as I really feel bad for them that I can't offer them better accommodation. Although they have both been enjoying the daily fresh hay and veggies that they weren't getting before :(

Glad you have somewhere for them to go. I guess it very much depends on who is caring for them at the school and what boundaries are in place when the children handle them.

Glad you have somewhere for them to go. I guess it very much depends on who is caring for them at the school and what boundaries are in place when the children handle them.

Well they work with schools to help educate the children so it will hopefully all be a positive experience for all involved :D I'm sure the children will be well supervised, it seems like a really great place that really look after the animals.

Last edited:
Back