• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have found my rabbit Jack a friend! PICTURES NOW :)

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Jack has become increasingly depressed since his brother passed away on the 17th and so I have found him a new friend and we are going to go pick her up today after I volunteer. She is a dwarf netherland with agouti fur. Jack has the same fur. I hope they get along but if not I will house her beside him like Bill and Jack were. I'm excited, nervous and a bit sad because I miss Billie.

I will share pictures when I bring her home. She is just over a year old. She hasn't been spayed unfortuantely so I will get her done once she is settled here. Jack is neutered. :wave:

Here are some pictures. Sorry they aren't the greatest as she moves so fast!!!
026_zpsca809d81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
009_zpsde49ef72.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
025_zps6b1d342c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
001_zps47e546d9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
011_zps19028e19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Oh my goodness she is SO cheeky! hahah! So I introduced them through a fence and there was no aggression so I have let them be together for now about 1 1/2 hour. Jack humped her 3 times and now she knows his angle and is super fast to get away. heehee. She is WAY too quick for him. She is only 2.5 lbs. I gave Jack a treat and she came darting over and stole it! Poor Jack! I had to give him another.

Do you think it is safe to leave them together for the night? So far they have been fine. Now Jack is laying down on his blanket on the top of a cage just watching her as she runs about.

Or is it better to separate them? I'm confused. I haven't done bonding for years!!!

Personally I think it is better to leave them together providing you can stay with them to keep an eye on them. I slept next to the bonding pen for a few nights so I would be able to intervene if they fought. If you can't stay with them then I would split the bonding pen to be safe :thumb:

THanks Zoobec,

I left them together and checked on them this morning and all is fine. Henriette is racing around all hyper and binkying. I gave them some lettuce and both sat down next to each other to eat. :)

I think my old boy finds her a whirlwind!!! :lol:

Aww, it's great they've settled in together so quick!

Now we just need photos!

Yes I must take photos today for sure!!!!

She is so odd looking to me because I'm not used to those teeny tiny ears. Jack's ears are big. She looks like a big squirrel or something, heeheehee.

I can see she popped in the night in the litterbox because her poop is slightly smaller than Jacks. I guess that is normal since she is so much smaller?

She is so so cute :love:

I really hope they bond well together! Things definitely sound good! I love the "forehead standoff" photo :lol: my two used to do that for ages when they both wanted a groom, I loved watching to see who'd give in first, normally it'd be Lilly as Harvey was very forceful and would push hard until his head had forced it's way under her chin :lol:

The poos could be a bit smaller until she's fully settled and used to a new diet, although maybe you're right she's just got a smaller bum so smaller poos! :p

Back