• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun in shop with runny nose

Mr Cookie

Banned
Well, I am not over Mr Cookie. I guess I never will be. But I am soldiering on as best I can.

Last night I finally got the courage to get that charity bun I had seen in a pet shop, only they said they will not sell him to me until he goes to the vets because he has a slightly runny/wet nose. It didn't appear wet.... his eyes are fine, so I doubt it is pasteurella or whatever it is called...

They said I can have him when he returns, but being the suspicious sort I can't help wonder whether they think I have got three heads? I did become a mess for a while after the death of cookie. But something kept compelling me to visit the bun in the shop...

That sounds very sensible of the shop to me. Buns with wet noses often don't actually have anything on their noses because they keep themselves so clean, you need to look on the fur inside their front legs as that what they use as their hankies!

I smoked a couple of hundred cigs and went through a fair few gin and tonics when cookie died.. stopped shaving.. yeah I know, get a grip right?

I just got paranoid that they thought I looked awful.

I think he would be happy with me. What's interesting is that he has one brown eye and one blue eye.. and I have come across this genetic (I presume) wonder several times when researching on the net for Dutch/Lionhead crosses..

I want another bun. Well I want my old bun, but I can't raise the dead. I want another furry friend.

I went in before they closed.. and there were thermochromic temperature gauges on the glass fronts of the enclosures.

I noticed his temperature gauge read 27 deg C. There was an intake fan and an exhaust hole less than 30mm in diameter. He was panting/breathing heavily and listless. I noticed no runny nose, but he was sat with his nose touching the water bottle.

I think he's too hot. But hey? Who gives a ****?

I went in before they closed.. and there were thermochromic temperature gauges on the glass fronts of the enclosures.

I noticed his temperature gauge read 27 deg C. There was an intake fan and an exhaust hole less than 30mm in diameter. He was panting/breathing heavily and listless. I noticed no runny nose, but he was sat with his nose touching the water bottle.

I think he's too hot. But hey? Who gives a ****?

Oh dear. Hope you manage to get him and give him a loving home.

I tried to be diplomatic.. he was in an enclosure reading 20deg C.. but I was grieving and was waiting til I felt right to adopt a new bun.. they moved him to an enclosure reading 27deg C. erring toward 29deg C.. but the gauge is on on the outside of the glass which suggests inside temp of 30 deg C.. ever since my bun died, this new bun has been on my mind...

27 to 29 deg C isn't healthy right? That explains the wet nose and panting right?

Last edited:
I am not sure about that temp but wet nise and panting doesn't sound good. I understand that you are still grieving and probably will be for a while but is it plausible that this bun might help you?
Of course he will not take Mr Cookie place but he could help you cope and sounds like he needs you.
Some buns are just meant for certain people and if you can't stop thinking of Him?

Back