• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy hutch Sykes hutch

beki

Mama Doe
I think I have settled on getting this one, any reviews? Or photos of them painted pretty?

I'm hoping to order next week once my patio has been laid and I can measure up to check it will fit as the builders have put the wall I wanted to back the hutch against a foot further forward than I had hoped! Should hopefully fit there, otherwise there will be other places it can go.

I think I have settled on getting this one, any reviews? Or photos of them painted pretty?

I'm hoping to order next week once my patio has been laid and I can measure up to check it will fit as the builders have put the wall I wanted to back the hutch against a foot further forward than I had hoped! Should hopefully fit there, otherwise there will be other places it can go.

Hi I had the 5ft hutch and was really happy with it, they're great value for money :thumb: The only thing I found a bit annoying was that the back of the hutch was plywood so when I screwed a hay rack in the screws came out the other side leaving holes! Also mine was on legs but the legs began to buckle and I had to replace them. I removed the divider and made my own bed/private area with a hop on bit. Don't have any pics on my phone unfortunately to share and don't have wifi at home! I painted the hutch in cuprinol garden shades in seagrass, inside and out - looked lovely :)

Following

I also have my eye on this hutch in 6x2x2 with 6x6 incorporated run that I hope to order in the next week of so, so would also love to hear how others have gotten on with theirs! I was so happy to finally find a decent sized quality hutch that doesn't have one of those annoying, draughty pull out trays! Really like the price too, just hope there isn't a catch:/ Also, shame it doesn't have slide bolts to lock doors..

Hi I had the 5ft hutch and was really happy with it, they're great value for money :thumb: The only thing I found a bit annoying was that the back of the hutch was plywood so when I screwed a hay rack in the screws came out the other side leaving holes! Also mine was on legs but the legs began to buckle and I had to replace them. I removed the divider and made my own bed/private area with a hop on bit. Don't have any pics on my phone unfortunately to share and don't have wifi at home! I painted the hutch in cuprinol garden shades in seagrass, inside and out - looked lovely :)

'This rabbit hutch is made from solid 30 x 30 mm framing. Thick 10ml shiplap sides and back. The floor is 8mm thick exterior ply on all hutches. Green mineral felt roof sloping from front to back.' <--Pinched from Happy hutch website, seems they must have changed the design since you got yours? Can I asked what the bedroom divider was like on yours before you removed it? I've noticed with a lot of hutches they always seem flimsy with massive gaps above and below with oversized doorways, I assumed bad design but now I'm wondering if it's for ventilation? I may well replace mine too if I don't think it's up to scratch but I don't want to make it too stuffy in there for them:S

I bought a 6ftx2ftx2ft single story one.
Pros:
-Huge!
-Wood is thick, sturdy and good quality
-Great value for money, only paid £110!

Cons:
-Wasn't stained properly
-Instructions on building the hutch were minimal, didn't say where to actually drill holes for the screws!
-One part they provided was too big - though I think this must have just been a mistake on their part.

I would definitely buy one again, though.

Back